Review Highlights
The best boat to get out to the Skelligs with

We took the Skellig Walker out to the Skelligs and had an absolutely amazing time. The boat was... read more

Reviewed 10 August 2021
GeorgeVladisavljevic
Ireland
An experience of a lifetime

The Skelligwalker crew gave us an amazing experience from the marina to Skellig Michael and back... read more

Reviewed 20 September 2019
eknezek
Whidbey Island, Washington
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews indoor and outdoor seating skellig michael toilet crew boat island
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I can't think of a better way to spend your 31st anniversary! Prepare for being flexible on launch time and rough seas. Great boat and crew.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I went on September 18, 2017. The Skellig Walker crew was the best you can ask for. The captain/pilot was very good and got us fairly close to the rocks without any problems. The guide on the boat provided all kinds of information and made sure everyone knew where everything was on board the boat and had some great local knowledge about Skellig Michael. The boat is very new and modern and has both outside and inside seating for everyone that they take onboard, so even if the sea was a little rough or it was raining you will stay dry on your ride out to the island.

This is a very cool location that everyone should see at least once, picture don't do this place justice. If anyone has health issues or trouble with leg circulation, I would reconsider, the climb was much crazier than I had thought but totally worth it.

The day started with a checkin at the Skellig experience center followed by an informational video at the center and then being led out to the boat for the ride out to the island. A little more than 2 hours on the island, followed by a boat around the smaller Skellig island that is the bird sanctuary before heading back to Portmagee.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

So thankful that we could launch to go and see and walk on the Skellgs on Sep 18 2017. We were very lucky with the weather (t-shirts on the island!) as the sea was not rough. Excellent and knowledgeable boat crew and a lovely vessel. The check in at the start at the cafe was easy and informative, and the food was also nice. A great day walking the Skellig Michael, lots of steps and a breathtaking view of the island. Thankfully the (rather weighty) Jedi robe that my husband brought all the way from Australia in our luggage was put to good use atop the cliffs - we got lots of photos of "Luke". Memories to last a lifetime. Be aware - an above-average level of fitness is a good idea. My iphone said I climbed 30-odd storeys that day. My sore legs 2 days later reminded me that I also climbed down 30-odd storeys!

1  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 14 October 2017

The Skellig Walker team was excellent from beginning to end - responses to queries and booking; accurate information and directions; knowledgeable and fun crew. The seas on our day out to Skellig Michael were a bit bumpy so the advantage of having a covered boat was immediately evident. Crew briefing was short and to the point and the crew seemed genuinely concerned about the comfort of the passengers. Motion sickness was an issue but the crew was definitely ready for it. Very highly recommended and I would say by far the best service to use to get out to Skellig Michael. Oh yeah....the Skellig was awesome!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We went on the Skellig Walker earlier this month. Its a new boat and in wet conditions has a dry part. It was an absolutely great experience, The weather was great, sea calm
Met Jamie from the US and Paul from "Down under"

Of course, Skellig Micheal is what its about and a jewel of green in the ocean, but on the way back we had a pod of Dolphins that rode the bow wave.

There were two friendly, competent and easygoing Kerrymen at the helm.They enjoyed what they were doing and took plenty of time to see the Dolphins.

It was a highlight of my trip,

Alex