All reviews belvedere suite mini ice cream private dinner other hotels plunge pool on the terrace amazing pillows chef will cook every morning sunset dinner massive terrace amazing views taking care of everything close walk hotel team picturesque village ten minute walk the cruise ship crowds
Reviewed 10 October 2017

There's a reason that, as of writing this review, out of 179 reviews, 153 are excellent... We stayed only one night in this beautiful place and (I know it sounds silly) but our lives are forever changed. Every future vacation we will ever take will forever be compared to the wonderful Vasilicos. From the warm, incredibly friendly + welcoming staff, to the unbelievable sunset views, to the plush accommodations, staying at the Vasilicos is the only way to experience Santorini.
TIPS:
- Let Chef Yannis prepare a private dinner for you while you watch the sunset from your terrace over a glass of wine. He makes the most amazing octopus!
- Be friendly to the Vasilicos kitten, Lazario (as we've fondly named him... after our bottle of rose, of course)
- If you can, stay in the Belvedere suite... You can watch nature's most incredible show before taking a dip in your private hot tub.

The only thing that keeps the sadness of no longer being there at bay is the promise I made my husband make me before we left: that he'd bring me back to the Vasilicos... and this time, for much longer than one night!

Thank you to everyone at the Vasilicos, especially Fiorella, Artemis and Yannis! We will see you next time!
The Days

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Daphne V, Owner at The Vasilicos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Allie, thank you for taking the time to write this! When your husband fulfills his promise, please make sure to tell us you are returning guests - we have a special affection for those who return to Santorini after crossing it off the infamous bucket list! See you soon! Warm regards, Daphne

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I would rate them with more than 5 stars if I can. This must have been the best hotel I have ever stayed in my life. Its all about personal details making your stay as comfortable and magical as it can get, you are even asked about the type of pillows you like to have.

Efta Suite was beautify decorated, the view from the room was stunning and it gives an excellent level of privacy.

The staff are the best, they are all friendly and very helpful, we end up making friends with most of them.

The location is perfect too, its far aware from all the noise of Fira and Oia but you still close by to reach Fira by walking or a short car drive to Oia. Watching the sunset here was magical (way better than Oia) you can clearly see the sun set behind the volcano while enjoying dinner or drinks prepared by the excellent chef at the hotel.

Meals are prepared by their wonderful Chef Yiannis, which I totally recommend to try, we end up having all our dinners there after we tried it on our second day. All the meals are prepared from fresh ingredients from local markets or from the small garden in the hotel. I had some of the best sea food meals in my life there. Meals are customized based on your taste.

You get surprised by ice cream or drinks server to your room.

The hotel used to be family house which is turned to a hotel couple of years ago, and it didn't lose any of its charm and hominess it has.

Room Tip: Efta Suit is more the most private one between the other rooms but the wind is a bit stronger there.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mohamedsanad, thank you very much for this glowing review! Efta is indeed a very special suite, it may be small but what it lacks in size it more than makes up for in privacy and the amazing sensation of being so close to the volcano and the sea. I am so pleased you enjoyed your holiday with us, we look forward to welcoming you again soon! Warmest wishes, Daphne

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I Vacationed in santorini During September 2017 for our honeymoon. We spent two days at The Vasilicos. Upon entering the gate we were blown away by the view immediately! We were greeted by Fiorela who was so welcoming and sweet and a refreshing welcome drink. We arrived a few hours before check in and fortunately they were able to accommodate us and allow us to check in early. We stayed in the King Cat room. It was just perfect! The room was clean and beautiful, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, the AC allowed the room to stay very cool, the shower was amazing and the provided all natural toiletries were a pleasant surprise.

Breakfast is served to your room every morning at the time of your choice. The breakfast is delicious and we loved having our coffee and breakfast with the spectacular view of the caldera. I must also add that the waitstaff is amazing! Fiorela would stop by every morning to say hello and see if everything was ok or if we needed any recommendations or arrangements needed.

We enjoyed every moment lounging by the pool, drinking wine, ordering food, reading our book, taking in the view, and watching the most amazing sunsets we've ever seen.

I can only say amazing things about the Vasilicos and the hospitality we experienced there. My only complaint is that I wish we had booked our entire 4 days in santorini at The Vasilicos. We booked 2 days in Oia following our 2 in imerovigli and it didn't compare... not one bit. If you're reading this, take my advice and book the Vasilicos!!! You will not regret it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Daphne V, Owner at The Vasilicos, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear April, thank you for this warm review! We try to support Grekk companies as much as possible; our mattresses and pillows are made by COCOMAT, while our toiletries are made by APIVITA, a natural cosmetics company - both companies are making Greece proud at home and abroad, and I am very happy that you were pleased with our choice! We hope you remember your holiday as vividly for a long time to come! Warm regards, Daphne

Reviewed 1 October 2017

There is so little that I could add to the eloquence of what other reviewers have said. Here is what I will say....from the moment I got home, I'm trying to look at the calendar to see when we can return. I would 1000% stay at The Vasilicos and feel no need to look at any other hotel. It is sublime in every way. The location, the staff, the food....oh my gosh, there is nothing that they missed. We went to Oia one day to check it out and prefer the location at the Vasilicos BY FAR!!! This is the place and area to stay, for sure. The views are soooooo amazing from here and I am seriously shopping for my airfare to return as soon as possible!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Efta Honeymoon Suite and will request it next time too! Private, sexy, fabulous view....I want to go back tomorrow!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kim, thank you so much for this review! We have been taking reservations for 2018 for some time now, and returning guests hold a special place in our hearts! See you soon! Best, Daphne

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We stayed there for 5 days. The large room was beautifully decorated with nice closet space and large bathroom. Obviously the views along with the service (a "family" of helpers) made our stay a very memorable vacation. This hotel is at the end of the line with more privacy than other hotels overlooking the caldera. The staff was always prompt in service and had great recommendations taking care of all our needs.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite was very nice!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Moondoggie50, thank you for calling the team 'a family' - it is exactly what we aim for. We are quite lucky in our location, but in the team we are even luckier! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you again in the future! Warm regards, Daphne