We came here for our honeymoon and were not disappointed.
We were dropped off at the office and they had someone bring us to our room. When we walked up the steps to the pool area we couldn't help but gasp is shock at the beauty of the view we saw. It was amazing.
We went down the steps to our spacious room with a kitchenette and a balcony with a stunning view of the sunset and islands. A nice touch was having breakfast delivered to our balcony every morning we really enjoyed being spoiled like that ; ) The bed was nice and comfy and the first king size bed!! Not two singles, that was nice.
The only complaint would be the pool was cold, but others were swimming in it and it seems that is the norm, no heated pools in Greece.
The hotel is a little far from any town but we rented an atv and went all over the island so that wasn't an issue for us. It'd be a good 30 minute walk. The area was quiet and peaceful. It seemed the sunset was a nightly event where everyone would gather on the comfortable pool area to just watch the sun go down.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. The hotel provided free internet which we liked. The gym/sauna was ok, small.
Very romantic place for a honeymoon!
(I had read a review about bed bugs so I was very nervous about the beds, we checked as soon as we got in and the beds were very clean and comfortable. My anxiety kinda took away from my rest the first two nights unfortunately.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xenones Filotera hotel offers luxurious accommodation in Santorini (Imerovigli) and was created for those seeking an exclusive experience of the Aegean ambiance. It is located 2,5 km from the town of Fira, 10 km from the port and 7km from the town of Oia. Offering 18 luxury suites & studios with breathtaking view to the volcanic caldera of Santorini or the Aegean archipelago, our hotel will be your comfortable home for unique Santorini moments. The guests of Xenones Filotera can choose amongst a variety of suites and studios, that can accommodate 2 to 6 people and provide comfortable lounges, separate bedrooms, and private verandas, all stylishly decorated with some of the finest pieces of traditional and modern Greek craftsmanship. Xenones Filotera Hotel offers a wide variety of facilities and services which include a 24hour operating reception, private parking area within our premises, swimming pool and jacuzzi, pool bar, sauna, massage, laundry and ironing service, car rental, Internet access (wi.fi), secretarial services and more. Public areas provide wheelchair accessibility for the physically challenged guests. The luxurious Xenones Filotera Hotel is the most romantic location to experience your wedding and honeymoon plans and we will be more than happy to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Xenones Filotera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xenones Filotera Imerovigli
- Xenones Filotera Hotel Imerovigli
- Xenones Filotera Santorini/Imerovigli, Greece