All reviews beautiful bouquet of flowers steam room and sauna our honeymoon basket of fruit every morning bottle of wine breakfast is served the ground floor infinity pool sister hotel other hotels boutique hotel star service perfect hotel peace and quiet each evening superior room
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I have to say- the avaton resort and spa in santorini was absolutely AMAZING! Best hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff is wonderful. We absolutely loved "Rudy" who really is one of the hardest working guys I've ever met. He would work the morning shift, go home to rest for a few hours, then come back to work the late shift. He was absolutely wonderful and made our stay so special.

With only 9 rooms, this hotel is very remote and a perfect place to relax. With that being said, there were two negative points I wanted to make, but am still giving this review 5 stars, as the negative points have nothing to do with the hotel itself, rather the actual trip I took. I went to Greece for a family wedding in Athens, and traveled with my mom who is in her late 60's. We decided to travel to santorini to see another island. We chose this hotel based on reviews being outstanding. I had spoke to the hotel directly when booking the hotel and the man at the front desk (who was wonderful) did tell me this hotel only has one bed in each room. Since I fell in love with the view that I saw online, that didn't bother me. Plus, he said there was a couch. I DO NOT RECOMMEND STAYING AT THIS HOTEL IF YOU ARE WITH A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER. This really is a hotel for honeymooners/ or lovers. The staff made us feel very comfortable, BUT they failed to mention that the shower is out in the open and there is no closed off bathroom. We wound up making it work & whoever wasn't in the shower, either hung by the pool, or the balcony- but there is no privacy in the room at all. And, the couch in the room is smaller than a love seat, not suitable for sleeping.

Also, my mom has a knee problem, and if I knew that there was nearly a half mile walk up/down hills and unleveled stairs without banisters just to get to and from the hotel, we probably wouldn't have stayed here. She struggled getting to and from the hotel to the road where the cabs drop off/pick up. But again, we made it work and she took her time. With the amount of walking/hills/stairs in Santorini, her knee got progressively worse, and we just took it slow whenever entering or leaving the hotel.

I don't consider these two things to be negatives, they in no way ruined our time. We absolutely had such a wonderful experience at this hotel. The breakfast every morning was delicious, we were welcomed with a fresh fruit basket and a bottle of wine. It was truly wonderful, 5 star service. You have to order your breakfast the night before, and the time you would like to eat, and we chose to eat in our room and on our balcony each morning.

We had dinner one night in the spa room that they convert to a restaurant at night, which was really nice. Everything was fresh and wonderfully prepared.

If you're coming on your honeymoon, or you're going on a vacation with your significant other, I would 110% suggest this hotel. There are three main "sunset" towns in Santorini. Fira, Imerovigli, and Oia. If you want absolute peace, and silence, and a romantic vacation, I would suggest staying in imerovigli. Oia and Fira have more restaurants, bars, and a lot more people. Santorini is very easy to navigate. We took cabs the first day, but realized that the buses are a lot cheaper and super easy, very accessible from this hotel.

Thank you so much, Avaton and the wonderful staff for making this trip something special for my mom and I.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

From the very first entry in the hotel I got a positive vibe - the views from Avaton are unparalleled! Imerovigli is the best place to stay on the island as it offers the peaceful grace of Santorini, away from the hustle of First or Oia and it off stunning vistas! The hotel manager is incredibly polite and helpful band together with the rest of the staff helped us to feel welcome and happy.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stayed here four nights for my wife's birthday.

Everything about this hotel is perfect. We were greeted with a nice glass of champagne, then shown to our room which was large and well appointed.

Breakfast is served on order to your room each morning. The pool is wonderful and never crowded. The surrounding area is so quiet as well, nothing like some of the more populated parts of Santorini like Fira and Oia.

Staff at the hotel were fantastic, helping us with special arrangements, tour bookings, and advice at all hours.

We'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Santorini.

A couple of things worth pointing out:
- When you arrive your taxi will drop you in the square just a short walk from the hotel. The path leading to the hotel is too narrow for a car. When we first got there a random guy appeared to help with our suitcases, which we declined not knowing his connection t to the hotel. We'd suggest Avaton have a uniformed staff member to meet guests so the connection is clear.
- Because it's a remote island, wifi is intermittent and the TV signal is fuzzy. Shouldn't be a problem for most people on holiday, but worth calling out.
- Santorini has a huge shortage of taxis. Avaton will help call one when needed, but it's advisable to give yourself plenty of time to get places, or rent your own car.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I just come back from a magical weekend in Avaton , Santorini
The aim of our holiday was to celebrate our mutual birthdays , unwind and relax - and this was all accomplished thanks to the epic views to caldera , cleanliness everywhere and friendly kind stuff .
we are already looking forward to be there again
I highly recommend

Anat & Noa Clerici

Tel - Aviv , Israel

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed for some days in a triple room, the room was big, had a big shower and nice treats!! The breakfast was delicious and very big, and all the staff was very friendly, the Spa is also highly recommended. I really want to come back and stay some more days here, just loved it!!! The view is amazing at all times of the day

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends