All reviews golden echo heaven suite rose suite lagoon suite charm suite every morning our honeymoon champagne breakfast three tables hot tub rose petals and candles time slot private balcony piece of heaven pure luxury amazing views out of this world
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Our experience at Above Blue Suites was ‘above’ superior. I will begin by saying that my husband and I did visit during the low season and so the island was not full of tourists, so we had individualized attention and service everywhere we went. But I have to say that we will definitely be stay at Above Blue again.

After we made our reservation, the hotel contacted us to arrange transportation from the airport to the hotel. We were doing a mini Europe tour, so we had multiple reservations and confirmations and it slipped my mind to arrange and confirm transportation with Above Blue...and to my surprise, they contacted us since they hadn't heard from us in regards to transportation! Now that's true customer service. I was pleasantly surprised. The shuttle was on time, reasonably priced and took the hassle out of trying to locate a taxi and/or navigate the island ourselves.

Once we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by a pleasant, young woman named Maria. She was excellent! She got us checked in, escorted us to our room, showed us around the room and showed us its amenities and told us if we needed anything, to let her know.
The weather was not 'beach like' considering it was November. Each suite has a private Jacuzzi on the terrace. But because of the weather (very cold) we couldn't enjoy it. Well Maria called us after two days and offered us an upgrade to the Golden Echo suite for no additional charge! She realized the weather was not ideal and since we couldn't enjoy the outside jacuzzi, she offered the suite with the indoor, private jacuzzi! That was very thoughtful of her and we grately appreciated it.

The rooms are very nice. They actually resemble the pictures on the Internet. Internet pictures can be misleading, but these pictures are accurate. The beds are heavenly. We slept in quite a bit! The showers are hot and the pressure is good. Breakfast is serviced in your room! A young woman brings it to your room on a large tray. There are lots of items to choose from, breads, fruits, omeletes, French toast, even champagne!

The views from the room terraces are breathtaking! My husband and I watched the sunset from our terrace the one night the sky was clear enough to see the sun going down. It was amazing! Each evening Maria would call us to make sure we were ok and comfortable before the front office closed.

I can't say enough about this place. On the day of our check out, she helped us with our bags and walked us to our shuttle. I didn't want to leave! We had such a positive experience and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Definitely select one of the suites with the private jacuzzi. The views out to the sea are breathtaking. The smaller suites (that don't have jacuzzis) are around the pool which is a common area.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Love2TravelDoU
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed 5 nights in our room with outdoor jacuzzi overlooking the sea. The Caldera view is stunning, one of the best viewpoint, and viewing the sunset, with snacks and drinks inside the Jacuzzi is surely unbeatable!
Breakfast on the terrace is great, the room is nicely decorated, swimming pool is nice and calm, food is perfect, location is perfect.
One of the best hotel I've been.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We spent 4 nights here on our honeymoon and magical is the only way to describe it. From the views, to the staff, the room, food and drinks, I can't say a bad word about this place.

The breakfast on the balcony is something of a treat so make the most of it.

It can get very windy so pack something warm so you can enjoy it in comfort.

I'd also recommend a massage on your balcony. It's a special treat!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank KelFryer
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Finding a hotel on santorini can be difficult, we were lucky to fin Above blue suites. amazing view of the caldera and picture perfect sunsets. Everyone there is really friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was always great - greek frappes are a must. Nice location away from the crowds of fira but close enough.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The Above Blue Suites is throughout the island's highest, when we got there attracted by the beautiful sign, the waiters are very nice and careful, bring us a cool wine, the room equipment is advanced, music to make us relax, the breakfast was GREAT! you can choose anything you like the food they provide room service every morning.
Here is the best place to see the sunset, better than Oia!! I have seen a sunset wedding in here, particular romance.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple