“Lovely evening”
Review of The Athenian House

The Athenian House
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Imerovigli
Price range: US$34 - US$114
Description: The Athenian House offers an unforgettable gourmet experience based on creative Greek cuisine. Famous chef Dimitris Skarmoutsos, has created an extraordinary menu, complemented by sophisticated wine, champagne and spirits list, proposed by oenologist Panos Zouboulis. Enjoy a memorable gastronomical journey throughout different regions of Greece, rich in flavors, aromas & nutritional values.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited as a couple in September for dinner. Amazing food, service was good, lovely key rings were given to us to keep at the end. Blankets were outside as got a little bit chilly towards end of meal.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank JennieB2711

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Great food and unforgetable deserts. A bit pricey but not out of line for the caliber of this beautiful dining experiance.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We went here for our special honeymoon meal. We had heard great things so were very excited.

PROS:
- Excellent service - the staff are all polite and friendly.
- The view is excellent and again, the staff had no problems with taking photos for us.

CONS:
- the food we had was underwhelming for what we paid. It was fine, nothing spectacular. I didn't enjoy the calimari starter, it had a bitter taste that was unpleasant although my husband enjoyed it.
The kebab main was tasty (although the portion size was far too big, we had to leave a lot of it. I will say that it's better to be overfed than underfed!).
I didn't enjoy the chocolate bomb dessert - normally I have a sweet tooth but once the 'bomb' had melted it was just a sickly dish of sugar sauce which I couldn't finish.
- The courses were rushed - once we had finished one course the new dish was brought out straight away. Given the portion sizes it would have been better to have had time to rest and enjoy the (delicious) wine between courses.

For what we paid (€200 altogether) we ate better for far, far less in some of the other Greek restaurants in the area. Despite the lovely staff and location we won't be returning.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

My wife & I had dinner here after we renewed our wedding vows earlier.
Service was very attentive and characteristic of a high end restaurant.
For appetizers we had the Scallops with carrot, beluga lentils and avocado and the Smoked pureed Fava beans, caramelized onion, sausage & red pepper.
Mains were the Grouper with grilled veg & tomato rice; a deconstructed moussaka with a lamb chop.
Dessert: A chocolate globe with chocolate and blueberry with hot caramel poured over it make it melt; a Greek Pavlov with fig and meringue pieces.

Everything was great!

The one thing that surprised us was using our credit card. We're used to including the tip in the credit card charge but we weren't given the opportunity. Unfortunately I didn't have the cash to leave a proper tip. I did mail them a tip afterwards - hopefully the staff gets it.

1  Thank hectop
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Top class service with a vegan tasting menu. Meat and fish which my husband appreciated. Very creatively prepared and delicious. I thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank SarahF714