We stayed at The Peninsula Hotel from 4th to 14th September 2012. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hotel location is amazing with stunning views from all sides.
Pools nice and beaches within easy reach, yes there are steps but this was not a problem for us - only 5 min walk to a choice of 2 beaches. The Hotel complex is spread over a large area and nicely landscaped. For those who complained, maybe check the hotel website and pictures as it is clearly on a 'peninsula' which was why we liked this hotel so much.
The food was lovely - we stayed for 10 days and always a nice choice, we hardly noticed any repetition. All inclusive drink choice is good. We found most of the staff were very friendly, except for 1 or 2. Alexis the Maitre d'hotel was always very friendly, happy and professional. Special praise to Nadia who was always so cheerful. Also the Italian chef!
We would recommend this hotel to family and friends and definitely stay here again!
The only negative is the entertainment is in french mainly and quite repetitive every night (including the same cd for the disco) but it didn't detract from our holiday! There is a lively little bar called Nemos on one of the beaches just 5 mins walk away with the best Mojitos suggested to us by Nadia.Ask for Georgio He is the owner and friendly to all his guests.
We are sad to see some negative reviews on here as it really is a great place and great value for money. We met plenty of friendly people and look forward to another visit!
Felipe (Chileno) & Clare (English)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peninsula Resort & Spa is located in the Heraklion prefecture of Crete, in the village of Agia Pelagia, just 25 km away from Heraklion town. The hotel is built amphitheatrically on a peninsula of distinctive natural beauty between the bays of Mononaftis and Psaromoura, forming a unique panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel offers direct access to three different beaches ideal for swimming and snorkeling due to their protection from the frequent northeastern winds that regularly affect the North of Crete. The hotel is compromised of two main buildings and several groups of Bungalows with great views of the sea. In total the hotel offers 250 guest rooms of various types. The architectural and decorative style of the hotel is simple yet elegant aiming to maintain a traditional Cretan style and highlighting the natural colours of Greece. The Peninsula Resort & Spa is the ideal destination for those seeking both relaxation and enjoyable holidays in Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Peninsula Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Peninsula Agia Pelagia
- Agia Pelagia Peninsula
- Peninsula Resort & Spa Crete/Agia Pelagia, Greece