“Just wonderful - I love this hotel, and the family that run it!”
Review of Bellair Village

Bellair Village
Reviewed 26 June 2017

From the moment Peggy (the owner) picked us up from the airport I knew I had found my perfect holiday.
The hotel has fantastic views, with an enviable position high up on the hillside. The rooms are kept clean, comfortable and welcoming by the hard-working and lovely Patti, whilst Peggy and Romina serve the most delicious food you could wish for....the lamb was mouthwateringly fab, and Romina's pizza was the best I've tasted! Peggy will go out especially to buy what you ask for, because she wants to please you. The salad and veg taken from their own garden (grown with love by Manos) is wonderful. This family really cares about the guests, and makes you feel part of their lives. I've always loved the Greeks, and this family are facing the Greek financial and political crisis with dignity, pride and hard work. There was a very varied mix of nationalities staying at the same time, and this made for some memorable evenings of hilarious conversations, with the hosts joining in. Manos is a great mover on the dance floor with his Greek dancing.
If you want the real Greece - with it's great climate, fantastic beaches, delicious food and local wine, and (most of all) beautiful people....then I don't think you could do better than Belair Village.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simon W

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my time at Bellair Village. For the money it was excellent. For the price I paid I was expecting very basic accommodation but found it very pleasant and comfortable.
The views are beautiful. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed was firm but comfortable. The only minor fault I could mention was the shower curtain wasn't big enough for the shower, but really wasn't that much of an issue. The kitchenette is basic but adequate for tea/coffee/breakfast/simple meals etc.
The owners are very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy yourself. They provided beach towels when I asked for them.
The meal we had at Bellair was lovely sat in the bar/lounge area with amazing views down to the town and the sea.
The walk down to the beach and the town isn't too far, walking back up just takes a bit of time(15-20 mins) but most people should manage it fine. The place is 2 minutes off the main highway and really easy to find and there's lots of parking space too.
A big thanks to Peggy and her family for such a pleasant stay. I wish I had booked more than a couple of nights and Bellair will definitely be a place I would return to on my next trip to Crete.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2016

We have booked this place as it has very good reviews and the price was very reasonable. We booked with my family for a larger apartment with a double bed and air condition but were given the smaller apartment without air-condition and inadequate beds. AC was very important for us. As I work in travel industry I know accidents sometimes happen but the approach of the owner Peggy was very rude and aggressive. It was in the peak season so I know the people in travel industry can be stressed sometimes. But this was over the line and my family was horrified. She basically kicked us out. We were sorting the issue with Booking.com for a long time (about 4 hours) and she has proved that she was very mean person that changes mood every few minutes and is not trustable. The place is pretty nice for the price but I would rather stay away and would like to warn anyone from potential trouble...

Room Tip: seems that there are 2 sizes of apts. Larger are the 2nd floor apts with air-condition. Hope to be l...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mira K
Reviewed 6 December 2015

The owners very kind people they did treat me like part of the family really felt like i was with my family. The services are very good ( room services/ reception/ transfer )... very nice breakfast. If you a looking for good price and quiet place to stay i advise you to stay there.

Room Tip: The front rooms have a Beautiful sea view. \You will never forget it, very romantic balconys
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Bellair has amazing views, very relaxing and calm lodging. The apartments might not be new but enough for a stay on the island. The owner will make everything possible to make sure you enjoy your stay and she is very helpful. You will need a car to go to the beach and around the island as the place is on a hill.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family