“Wish I'd stayed longer”
Review of Bellair Village

Bellair Village
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my time at Bellair Village. For the money it was excellent. For the price I paid I was expecting very basic accommodation but found it very pleasant and comfortable.
The views are beautiful. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed was firm but comfortable. The only minor fault I could mention was the shower curtain wasn't big enough for the shower, but really wasn't that much of an issue. The kitchenette is basic but adequate for tea/coffee/breakfast/simple meals etc.
The owners are very friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy yourself. They provided beach towels when I asked for them.
The meal we had at Bellair was lovely sat in the bar/lounge area with amazing views down to the town and the sea.
The walk down to the beach and the town isn't too far, walking back up just takes a bit of time(15-20 mins) but most people should manage it fine. The place is 2 minutes off the main highway and really easy to find and there's lots of parking space too.
A big thanks to Peggy and her family for such a pleasant stay. I wish I had booked more than a couple of nights and Bellair will definitely be a place I would return to on my next trip to Crete.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We have booked this place as it has very good reviews and the price was very reasonable. We booked with my family for a larger apartment with a double bed and air condition but were given the smaller apartment without air-condition and inadequate beds. AC was very important for us. As I work in travel industry I know accidents sometimes happen but the approach of the owner Peggy was very rude and aggressive. It was in the peak season so I know the people in travel industry can be stressed sometimes. But this was over the line and my family was horrified. She basically kicked us out. We were sorting the issue with Booking.com for a long time (about 4 hours) and she has proved that she was very mean person that changes mood every few minutes and is not trustable. The place is pretty nice for the price but I would rather stay away and would like to warn anyone from potential trouble...

Room Tip: seems that there are 2 sizes of apts. Larger are the 2nd floor apts with air-condition. Hope to be l...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mira K
Reviewed 6 December 2015

The owners very kind people they did treat me like part of the family really felt like i was with my family. The services are very good ( room services/ reception/ transfer )... very nice breakfast. If you a looking for good price and quiet place to stay i advise you to stay there.

Room Tip: The front rooms have a Beautiful sea view. \You will never forget it, very romantic balconys
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Bellair has amazing views, very relaxing and calm lodging. The apartments might not be new but enough for a stay on the island. The owner will make everything possible to make sure you enjoy your stay and she is very helpful. You will need a car to go to the beach and around the island as the place is on a hill.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I wasn't supposed to be staying at Bellair, but Panorama were fully booked (thank goodness!) I was so lucky to have the best room I've ever stayed in. Amazing views with a huge balcony to enjoy them on. The room was huge with lots of storage and also enough room in living room to become beds for kids. The kitchen area was well stocked and clean as was the bathroom. The room was also cleaned beautifully every day.

Facilities: The pool was cleaned every morning and rarely used by many guests other than me. Pure luxury to have a pool to yourself for an hour. The bar and restaurant were well stocked with everything you could think of. Despite being all-inclusive at my original hotel I often ate and drank at Bellair because the food was delicious and home-grown and home-made and the drinks were better quality with a great service.

Service: Peggy and Romina have no idea how welcome they made me feel. Travelling on your own can often be daunting, but they made me feel part of the family and encouraged me to join them no matter what they were doing. I even had the pleasure of watching traditional Greek dancing (including plate smashing) and they were nice enough to try and teach me the dance :)
Romina is a travel expert, she knows every inch of Crete and the best places to go and how to get there. She will book everything for you too which is fantastic!

My last night there was truly magical sitting with all the other guests having a drink and even seeing my first ever shooting star - amazing!

I have never enjoyed a holiday quite so much! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo