“Great for my purposes (business trip)”

Campanile Saint Die
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Campanile Saint-Die-des-Vosges
Booked very easily at short notice while I was travelling by car back from Northern Italy to UK (nr Portsmouth).
Access is easy and clear, just off the main road. Large parking areas with decent-sized spaces! I was driving a plug-in hybrid, but there was no charging point and the layout did not suit feeding the charger lead through the window.
The room was quite large and very clean. There was hot drinks-making kit (but I had to ask for milk for my tea). The bed was very comfortable.
As it was getting late and I did not know the area I decided to stay at the hotel for dinner, rather than sample local cuisine. The menu was pretty decent and my food was served quickly enough and was delicious. I didn’t stop for breakfast choice but the choice on offer looked very good.
Check-out was a breeze – quick and easy so I was soon on my way again.

I’m happy to recommend this hotel for those in the area.

Room Tip: Nothinbg to add
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 May 2015

We stay at many campanile hotels but thought this one was run in a friendly and efficient manner. The food was very well prepared with a good selection each day for the evening menu. Breakfast and evennig buffet tables were well stocked and renewed regularly. Rooms were cleaned and made up in good time.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Reviewed 12 September 2014

We stayed overnight, had a room for disabled, which was great! Small but very clean, bed was comfy, good night sleep, fantastic shower! Most of the members of staff were great, we had a lovely meal, but one staff member told the others we were "English" and she would serve us, however she went off and did other stuff, whilst we waited and waited, and waited, other guests were served first and left! Our French is pretty good, so were disgusted by her discrimination against her! Nice meal, and good breakfast too, she wasn't there by then, so no problem!

Room Tip: All rooms quiet!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
marie anne a, Gérant at Campanile Saint Die, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Dear Customer,

We have taken note of your comment and I'm sorry you had this feeling of discrimination on the part of our staff, not knowing that you speak French, and not wanting to make any mistakes, she thought my other collaborator was coming take care of you immediately, to prevent this from happening again I will support my team in an English training to improve our service and our hospitality.
    I hope my answer is up to your expectations.
    Hope to see you soon in our establishment.
    kind regards

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Not sure that I would stay here again. I know this is not a expensive chain of hotels but out of a whole week of hotel stays this was unfortunately the worst night. The receptionist allocated us to a room which to my shock when I opened the door was already occupied by a young couple who were just as shocked to see me standing in their doorway! We were then allocated a different room which thankfully was free. The room was quite small and reminded me more of chalet type room in a holiday camp than a hotel. The bathroom heater had glue or such like stuck on the front of it and also hair. The bathroom itself was clean but not somewhere you wanted to spend very long and there was no hairdryer in the room anywhere. The bed was comfortable and sleeping was not a problem but the room itself was very cold. The small electric heater on the wall was giving out hot air if you stood directly in front of it but there was no heat circulating to warm the rest of the room and the walls were freezing cold even though they were not outside walls. Thankfully there was a spare blanket in the wardrobe otherwise it would have been a chilly night. We did not eat an evening meal at the hotel but instead walked across the road to the Buffalo Grill restaurant (similar to Frankie & Bennys) and the food there was very good. Breakfast in the morning was OK but nothing to get excited about, there was a selection of cold meats, cereals, bread, croissant etc but not a lot of effort had gone in to making it worth wanting seconds! We have stayed at a Campanile in France once before and this was such a disappointment in comparison. There is free on-site parking and free wifi which I did not have any problems getting on to. The outside of the hotel was being painted and think that the rooms are being refurbished, I would like to think the rooms haven't been done yet!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fireyjacks
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Was a good stop for the Festival at St Die in October each year.
Room was OK, but in need of some refurbishment. Bed was extremely comfortable.
Heating was 'old fashioned' but worked.

Main issue was the wifi was a disaster.

Room Tip: If you don't mind stairs ask not to be on the ground floor, as cars arriving park in front
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
37.6 km away
LOGIS Hotel Atrium Epinal golbey
15.4 km away
Residence Le Mongade - Popinns

Been to Campanile Saint Die? Share your experiences!