This is a satisfactory hotel - a solid 3 star property - but it is distinctly average to below average in key areas such as cleanliness, amenities, food quality, and facilities. I'll try and list the pros and cons of the hotel below.
- good location downtown beside the pedestrian mall.
- lots of restaurants nearby within a very short walk
- general neighborhood of the hotel appears to be quite safe and secure, and is well lit
- reasonably quiet property (only has about 25 rooms, 6 rooms per floor).
- fairly new building (probably constructed sometime after year 2000).
- reasonable prices (€50 a night including breakfast and free wireless internet).
- excellent internet speed.
- very poor cleanliness and building maintenance throughout the hotel
--- burned out bulbs in the halls, the elevators, and in my room
--- very dirty carpets in the rooms, not vacuumed frequently, need a shampoo, lots of hair, debris, stains, etc. on carpet
- air conditioning did not work in my room (no cold air coming out of it)
- bathroom fan and air conditioner fan both very noisy - both sound like they were made by Harley-Davidson
- Not possible to lock the room door from the inside (no night security latch)
- Rooms are on the small side of average (although not extraordinarily small)
- Difficult to find the thermostat in the room, because it is mounted 1 foot off the floor!
- No garage or secure parking area - cars must be parked outside in public lot
- Very unimpressive breakfast, thoroughly picked over by 9:30 and not replenished
- Tang (flavoured orange crystal drink) instead of actual orange juice at breakfast
- Restaurant open only limited hours - not possible to get a coffee when restaurant is closed
To sum up, its an OK hotel, a solid 3 star, but not a 4 star by any means (there is no pool, no fitness facilities, only limited restaurant hours, breakfast is served for 2 hours only each day, etc.). It's probably towards the high end of average for Eastern Europe.
I would return and stay here again, but by the same token, I would also have a look around the town and see if there was anything better before I returned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A state of the art building with 20+8 standard double rooms and 4 luxury apartments, Burgas Hotel is situated in the centre of Burgas just meters away from the Port of Burgas and the Rail Station. It is a central but very quiet area with many services and shops situated nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Burgas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.