All reviews extremely clean rooms beautiful forest air conditioning costa rica victor fridge bilingual trees nature
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We booked at Cabinas Los Laureles because it was the only place still available 3 weeks before the Envision festival. I think that's because the pictures on this site don't do it justice.

The cabinas are comfortable, clean and very spacious. The complementary breakfast was very good.

The best part is the family who runs the place. Father and son, Victor and Victor, went out of their way over and over again to make everyone comfortable. They gave us breakfast an hour after breakfast was supposed to be finished. They offered to drive us to the waterfalls. At one point I had a question for the younger Victor who was on the phone and he immediately told the other person "I'll call you right back" and hung up to help us out first.

Great service. Comfortable stay. We'll stay there again if back in Uvita.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed one night in a 4 person room, the beds were really comfortable, lots of big windows and fans for fresh air. Everything was clean. We so appreciated and are in gratitude for Victor, the host, and had a blast at the Envision Festival. We really couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more - the hospitality of Los Laureles set us up so nicely. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Cabinas for three nights during our trip to Uvita in February 2012 and found the location and staff to be terrific. The rooms are located in a beautiful forest setting, within walking distance to two waterfalls (1Km and 2Km) and a 5 minute cab ride ($1 USD) to the the beautiful beaches of the National Marine Park. Rooms are reasonably prized, with basic amenities, but clean. The family-owned staff is very helpful. If you want to see birds and walk in a well preserved primary forest, go to a nearby family-owned farm called Oro Verde. If you want some good food, walk to La Canalla. Uvita is a great little place.

Room Tip: Ask if room has hot water.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed at the Cabinas Los Laureles in Uvita Cost Rica Jan 12-16 2012.
It was clean, simple on a lovely piece of property with its own short hiking trail. Walking distance to the main drag of Uvita. Run by Victor Sr and Jr., the latter speaking perfect English. Very nice people, one morining they gave me a free breakfast of fruit and some kind of cheese tortilla that I think the cook was trying out. I felt quite safe leaving my laptop there. Highly recommended
Greg T
Stittsville Canada

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed 4 days in Uvitas in los laureles, the owners are so helfull and so nice. We rented a room in the jungle, so beautifull and calm, everything is clean and well hold. 10mn to an amazing waterfall.
David and Germaine