Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Breakfast included
The Howler Monkey Hotel(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$225
Cabuya Lodge(Cabuya)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 November 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here, to visit the reserve and the waterfalls. We really liked it. Marina is a wonderful lady, cheerful and ready to help. The rooms are comfortable and the shared kitchen is huge. There is good vibes here, you can feel it and it makes you feel great. Ask Marina any question you have : she has the answer.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Even before we arrived, the owner Merina checked on ferry times and schedules for us since it was Christmas when we were traveling. Her hospitality continued to be incredibly warm and helpful the three nights we stayed with her over Christmas 2012. She even bought us Christmas tamales made by a local tico who specializes in them as a present to us on Christmas morning. She does not run the restaurant at her place anymore, but opens the kitchen up to her guests which was so fabulous for us, a family with three children and a grandmother. We bought fresh fish one day and could cook for ourselves, and have the refrigerator for our food. The grounds were constantly being maintained by her other half, who was shyer yet friendly as well. The Jungalows were our children's dream, like treehouse forts, with outdoor living spaces underneath, fully equipped with hammocks, tables and chairs. The beach is just a short walk, and we found more beautiful shells than we could carry. There were plenty of wildlife species around- iguanas, howler monkeys, and lots of birds that Merina also helped us to find and identify. During these four days, we really felt at home and were sad to leave. After traveling now another 3 weeks in Costa Rica, we reflect back and consider Merina's Ancla de Oro one of our favorite experiences of our vacation.

Room Tip: We loved the Jungalows!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sokuye
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We spent three nights in a Jungalow and really enjoyed our stay. As we arrived, the howler monkeys were already in the trees of the hotel area. Within our stay the big group of howler monkeys stopped there every day at least once on their tour through the trees of Cabuya.
The Jungalow was really nice and with the lovely jungle-garden around we really felt like having arrived in nature. It was kept as clean as possible. Since we stayed during dry season, some dust from road in front of the hotel was also entering the Jungalow. But during day the bed was covered with a sheet and we kept our luggage closed if we did not need it. So the dust was no problem and normal in that dry area.
The owner with Dutch origin was really nice and helpful by providing service and information. She gave us a ride to the near by Capo Blanco Park and showed us how to wash our clothes with a Costa Rican washing machine.
The hotel restaurant is run by a local family and we really enjoyed the food there.
In summary, we highly recommend this Hotel to all who want to stay in nature away from the busy party town Montezuma and in walking distance to the national park.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I recently stayed at Ancla de Oro in Cabuya for seven nights and I totally loved it. I was looking for somewhere with peace and quiet and I found it. The current owners are absolutely lovely and welcoming and the current manager Nadya and her son made my stay an extra special time through their warm hospitality. I understand that the hotel changed hands about a year ago - so the review here about the hotel being a 'frat house for adults' and the owner making a noise etc...is totally out of date now so you don't have to worry - that was the old owner not the current owner who is very kind! I stayed in the dorm room and found that it was all that I needed and I loved being able to use the communal kitchen, enjoy the tranquil garden and make little trips into the village on the bikes provided for guests.
Also If you stay in Cabuya be sure to eat at the Soda which is opposite the supermarket 'Super David'. It is the best in Costa Rica! The most delicious food and the most friendly and welcoming family who run it! I miss it!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank WandererH
Reviewed 20 April 2011

My boyfriend and I spent December and January backpacking across Costa Rica. We found Ancla de Oro by accident, as we originally planned to stay in Montezuma. The two owners, Marina and Neco were fantastic. I loved the atmosphere and the people who were staying there were amazing! It was such an experience. One night the owners made a fish dinner and invited all of the guests to attend. I felt very comfortable there and Marina and Neco did whatever they could to accommodate us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a true tranquillo tico experience. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple