See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The Savoy is an old property that offers a unique blend of serenity and access to the town (few minutes walk). The property has been maintained well but offers basic amenities. So if you are looking for a clean, neat room and a good bed then this shall do for you.

If you are looking for star treatment and luxury quickly look to the side (The Club next door may be what you are looking for)

Coming back to the Savoy, the name Savoy somehow gives an impression of old world, charming and luxurious hotel. This one though is old world but basic and comes at a bargain. A quick rating of the property.

Location: 5/5
Rooms: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Value: ₹₹₹₹/5

Overall: 4/5

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2017

The service was friendly and helpful and on arrival we were too early to check-in but they managed to get us into a room straight away making sure we had a quite room. I loved the stately hotel decor which was well preserved and our room was clean comfortable and quiet (surprising for being on a busy road opposite the Southern Cross Station). Our bed was comfy, the pillows soft, the room was well appointed and the bathroom had everyhing you needed - even a tub if you wanted a bubblebath. They also had a spa and gym faciliity and the best hairdryer I've ever used!! Handy location to amenities and within walking distance to free tram and shops. What I liked most was the friendly service we received from the desk to the cleaners but particularly from the doorman and the serviceman. They happily gave advice of what to see and do in Melbourne. Nothing was too much trouble. My only regret is I didn't stay longer and I did not make the most of the discounted breakfast deal - it looked great. I have stayed at many hotels over the years and this was one of the best that ticks all the boxes, especially pricewise as well as clean. I was very happy with my experience and will be telling my friends to stay here too.It was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room top floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank evblake
Reviewed 7 March 2017

#Advantges
1. Budget Hotel.
2. Some of the Rooms are big that can accomodate 5-6 people.
3. Venna Lake 10 mins. by car & Mahableshwar market is 8-10 mins. distance by
walking. Great for family to enjoy venna lake & market within one go as the
distance is quite near.
4. Since the market is near you get option to try out food from nearby hotels. Petrol
pump is extremely close on the way towards market.
5. Small Garden in front that has benches and breakfast is served there.

#Drawbacks
1. Rooms are unclean, blankets grimy. We found 2-3 dead rats in our room when we
visited the hotel.
2. Kitchen is restricted to server limited items only. 90% of items listed on Menu book
are not available/served by them. Better to have food outside.
3. Rooms at the back side of hotel are in pathetic conditions opt for rooms at the
front.

Room Tip: Don't opt for rooms at backside of the hotel go for rooms at the front side.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank RajduttA1
Reviewed 2 January 2017

This is a budget hotel with good location, that's the only good thing about it.

This hotel is kind of a converted old house with outdated furniture and tin roof. Toilet doors were pathetic with old doors replaced with a cheap new sliding door which I had to lift to get into locking position. Hot water is provided only in the morning from 7 to 10 am.

Service is average but polite. There are no intercoms for communication with the staff. You will have to come out your room to call for everything.

Breakfast is average. Food is pathetic, they have to replace the cook if they want any higher rating. Ala Carte menu is overpriced considering it's a hill station where they have to milk the tourists of their money. Tourists are ready to pay more but the hotel has to justify by providing good food, but here that's not the case.

Only good thing is the location of the hotel. It is 10 min walking distance from the main market area. Also the location is good for sight seeing all around Mahabaleshwar.

The hotel has a decent parking space so it's a plus point.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2016

I stayed at Savoy Village for 4 nights. It"s nicely located. Hotel service staff were friendly and courteous. The room is big enough to give that feeling of comfort.

Everything was great, including the service, just a thing missing was the view from room... But the location is great, three minute walk to the main Mahableshwar market street full of great cafes, restaurants and shops. Thank you all especially Prashant and all the waiters that made our holiday so special.

Overall it was a memorable stay and a great vacation; I would indeed rate it as the best Budget Hotel at a prime location. We will be back next year.

- Bharat

Room Tip: Best Budget Hotel
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple