All reviewsheritage propertymain marketswimming poolsuite roomchess boardgoshtspecial thanksf bmarket placecourteous stafflocal marketthe hotel staffold world charmplay areafood qualitywi fihis team
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I had been there during july 2011 & I must say that we had a good time staying in the hotel.

I had pre-booke my rooms after reading some good reviews about the hotel in tripadvisor.I must tell you this was one of the finest rooms I have staye across. First class I must say. The food was amazing, very deilcious buffet.

The staff were also good & very courteaus. Overall a good place to stay with your family.

Will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank DayTrip803409
Johnson M, General Manager at Citrus Chambers Mahabaleshwar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your time spent with us at Citrus Chambers, Mahabaleshwar. We are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday and that everything was to your satisfaction. We continually strive to ensure guest satisfaction, Hopefully, we will see you back at Citrus Chambers Mahabaleshwar

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Overpriced, dirty damp rooms.
Changed room 3 times because nothing seemed to work in any room. Service however was very good and the staff very attentive.

Spotted a large rat in the dining area!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank shinchliffe
gitesh_gehani, General Manager at Citrus Chambers Mahabaleshwar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Dear Mr, Hinchliffe,

We would like to thank you for your valuable time & feedback and sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us due to technical faults, wherein you weren’t able to enjoy the special features of the rooms you booked, understanding the fact an immediate service recovery of free up gradation to Suite Room offered to meet your expectation. We strive hard to continue being a leader in the market, and listen to each and every positive/negative feedback so we can continue to improve. Please know that I have shared your review with our entire staff and we have definitely learned from this experience and your comments and are diligently working on ways of improving our services with our guests, Additionally, We'd like to discuss having you return in order to re-prove our product to you. We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review, helping us to grow, understanding the minute requirements

I assure you that we will work on your feedback and with each feedback, We will step one step further to make all our guest stay more memorable and ensure they take great memories of their visit.

We would love to see you again at our resort & utilizing all the facilities to its fuller extent without any inconvenience.

With Regards
Gitesh Gehani,
Resident Manager.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

the hotel is not actually how it looks on website...very old look and feel....but it didn't bother us much....food was really very good. Need to mention here that alcohol and nonveg food is not served in the hotel. Overall it was an average experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sheetal c

We would like to Thank you for patronize staying with us and giving us the opportunity to serve you and sincerely appreciate the feedback referring to staff, services, and food of the hotel. As you know this is a heritage property and presently serving purely vegetarian cuisine. We assure you that we will put our best effort to ensure that each you and every guest staying with us has a memorable stay with us.

With Regards

Gitesh Gehani
Resident Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2011

I had to find a one night accommodation for family at the hill station, beat the summer heat and the city buzz, try and keep it exotic and VFM at the same time.
I looked up tripadvisor for the highest rated hotels here followed by MakeMyTrip for rates. Citrus was right up there for at least 5k less then its nearest competitor. The hotel has quiet surroundings, heritage themed exteriors and neat modern interiors, an open pool and a kids area, rooms on two floors and cottages, lawns and attractive plantation. The deluxe room I stayed in was huge - enough to fit a caravan, well lit and decorated, with a small balcony that overlooked the nearby woods, an LCD tv, sparkling bath. Sleep quality was excellent. The breakfast that came with the package was the icing. There is a weekly food market just outside the premises, every tuesday I think, that may prevent you either from driving out or driving in during the day(Citrus will help you park in a nearby playground).But the market is fun and I'd hate to miss it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We just returned back after a 3 night stay at this100+ year old heritage property. Due to incessant rains some areas of the hotel were covered to protect the structure. As we were on a typical holiday break this didn't bother us.

Though there were few shortcomings (not worth mentioning), what really impressed us was the courteousness of the hotel staff (right from reception to housekeeping to those related with F&B). They were there at all the times to make our stay comfortable. I will however suggest one to book 2 rooms if you are parents with 2 kids as the room sizes are small.

The buffet spread for b/fast and lunch/dinner is excellent though it will be a pure veg. experience. If people have commented that this is the best place to have wonderful food, then I second the same. As there's no bar, I suggest you to carry your own liquor. Overall a good experience at this 29 room heritage property that I shall rate 3 stars (***).

Room Tip: Avoid going there during monsoons. Carry your own liquor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank almatysen

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Sorry that our food did not meet all your expectations and hope that this will not be a damper on hopefully your next visit to Citrus Chamber Mahabaleshwar