See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

It is located in the centre.
The hotel has many rooms categorized into ac, non ac, standard, deluxe and suite.
So one has an option to choose what fits his budget.
There is a restaurant and room service is also available.
Do not expect very trained and highly courteous staff. They are good within their own limitations.
Location and tarrif could be the biggest advantage, othwerwise there are lot of options available.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2017

On arrival late one evening we were greeted by moody night staff. The room was not totally clean and bedding had marks on, but was manageable.The shower was a trickle and luke warm. There was no toilet paper. The bed was not very comfortable. That first night, like every other night, the hotel restaurant was dead so I decided to go out to eat at a restaurant recommended to us by somebody else, but as the night staff were desperate for us to use their own restaurant they were actively unhelpful and resisted us finding it so we just went on our own way! It felt like cross between a Stephen King novel and Faulty Towers.

However, despite my original reaction of ‘this is the worst hotel I have ever been at and I will check out tomorrow,' in the morning I gave it a chance and after a couple of days I soon adjusted and found it tolerable and appreciated the positives. The atmosphere in the daytime was pleasant.

The location on MG road was excellent, with the shops, bank, some decent restaurants, beach, museum all easily accessible with plenty of rickshaws at hand. It was interesting to experience the hustle and bustle on the doorstep. Some staff were very kind and helpful and would go above and beyond, making it feel very personal and intimate. On the whole, service was very basic though with grubby staff that do not say much, but I simply felt sorry for them. Wi-fi was patchy in my room so I had to use the lobby to optimise it. This did consequently mean meeting other guests to inevitably exchange tales, tips and recommendations with which on the whole was good.

There was one major positive that came out of staying here, at less than £10 per night. Tim Ferriss talks about Stoic philosophy and how to ‘practice poverty’ to reduce fear of loss and realise how little we actually need to get by. My 4 day stay re-calibrated me to what the bare necessities are to stay at a hotel, which are essentially not much. It can be done and is fine. And then when I actually went on to ‘better’ hotels, including some 5 star Mumbai hotels, not only did I truly appreciate, like never before, the hot water, ambience, service, cleanliness, decor, etc that I would usually take for granted, it often felt over the top and unnecessary indulgence! So, in summary I would not recommend this place per se, unless as an enlightening experience in itself to see it for what it is and as experiment in Stoicism in which case it will do you wonders and I would go back there for that reason.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dhokes
Reviewed 11 December 2016

Situated at MG Road...Average Hotel near to the chowpati or Beach approx 7 min to the beach. Food was good, we tried the morning breakfast with most of the parathas.
Not to expect much from the rooms, but good at services.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2015

I stay there on 28th dec, with family member, we stay there 1 night,
# it is nice located hotel, just near SUDAMA mandir.
# very low cost
# nice service
# owner and staff are very humble and helpfull
# beach is just in 10 min walking distance
# rooms are ok
# there is no parking but they help to park and also security guard take care of it.
# Restaurant @ ground floor

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

Not clean,very dirty hotel
Crampled rooms...filthy bed sheets.
Located in the heart of the city though so good for business travellers.
Need more hotels on the sea face in a destination like porbander...

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family