1,037 results
All reviews lochy suite loch lochy decking area both nights the main hotel stunning views private beach dining room fantastic location breakfast and dinner lovely food enjoyable stay family room lovely room salmon stayed here for one night out of this world
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stayed at the Letterfinlay Lodge Hotel on a Groupon voucher deal. It wasn't easy to confirm the booking as we couldn't contact the hotel direct. We had a standard room overlooking Loch Locky - a beautiful view. However it was standard and needed a few improvements ie somewhere to hang towels. The lounge rooms were lovely with a large open fire and comfortable chairs to actually lounge in! The dining room and bar area were also very nice with exceptional views of the loch and surrounding mountains. We went there by train and so we used the local taxi service based in Spean Bridge itself. Very pleasant and informative driver. The Letterfinlay hotel is situated about 7 miles from Spean Bridge and you can follow the journey of the Commandos from the station straight to Achnacarry where they did their training.
The food at the hotel was very good and the staff were really friendly and helpful.

Room tip: All rooms are quiet but I expect the dearer rooms are better than the standard rooms. The standard rooms have a separate entrance outside.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank joycemv
Reviewed 8 April 2018

We went here via a Groupon bought for us by family. We paid extra so we could take our son. When we arrived, despite Inspired taking payment three days earlier, the Manager had no record of this. Fortunately, there was a family room available which was already set-up. After a 6 hour drive, I'd not have been happy if it had gone pear-shape at check-in. It appears that, as others have said, the booking team are not communicating with their staff.
The room we had was nice, warm and with a comfy bed (despite the broken headboard that was held off the wall with, I kid you not, pipe lagging). The partial view over the Loch from the room is truly delightful.
However, the tap in the bathroom was loose; there was no iron in the room; and outside was a leaking/broken rooflight (instead of having this fixed, they had put a black plastic sheet over it and tied it with rope, so it made a bit of noise in the overnight wind). The room also lacked a little brochure to tell you about breakfast times etc.
Dinner was tasty - I had the chicken cordon bleu and my wife had the Inspired chicken. No complaints there. Starters were also very nice. Service from Ben and Grant (GM) was good. They were both very friendly and did well to make you feel special as guests.
Breakfast was also generally very good, though the staff member looked rushed. He too was courteous. We did encounter a problem though in that, despite advertising vege sausages, there wasn't any. That is a bit basic. Every supermarket does them.

Did we enjoy our stay? Despite the issues noted above, yes we did. The staff tried their best at all times; the coal fire in the lovely lounge took us back to our youth - we all sat round this and stared like little kids into the flames; and above all else, the outside deck gives the most wonderful views of Loch Lochy and the hills beyond - the whole place allows/compels you to wind-down. Were it not for the staff and the location this would have got a 3* review.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Granted the booking process was fairly difficult took us about 3 weeks to get in contact - that’s due to the office being in Perth.

The hotel itself is in amazing setting and we were lucky enough to be in one of the rooms loch facing however with a nice set of hills either side couldn’t complain.

The food was good - breakfast is a cooked Scottish so not a lot of choice however is tasty.

Dinner I really enjoyed the short beef rib(my partner so much so she had it both nights)

The rooms are basic but nice (we chose not to upgrade)

The only down side for me is some of the drinks were rather pricy at £2.05 a can of Pepsi but I resolved that by getting a bottle of water for he room when I was out.

The GM Grant - had only been there 4 days when we stayed but you wouldn’t have known he and his staff are a credit to inspired hotels.

I would recommend letterfinley lodge regardless of previous “reviews”

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in a wonderful location. Right beside the Loch, it’s difficult to take your eyes off the surrounding area.

PROS:
• This hotel is in a wonderful location. Perfect views and great base to explore the highlands.
• Every member of staff we dealt with was extremely helpful! Very polite and obviously extremely hard working (despite the challenges they faced - which I will come to)
• We dined in the hotel two of the nights during our visit - very tasty!
• Comfortable bed and clean room.

CONS:
• The people we dealt with during the booking process (at some head office I am assuming) were not helpful. It was a nightmare to try and get through to them. A direct line to the hotel would be much better. It took me 2.5 weeks to get in touch (calling, emailing everyday). By that time I had to pay for an upgrade to get a date I could manage.
• Severely understaffed. The staff worked so hard and were so polite but there just wasn’t enough of them! Breakfast and dinner times were challenging because it was just 1 person on breakfast and 2 maximum serving dinner. If inspired hotels want to make this hotel successful, they must staff it! There was a couple on our trip who just left during their stay as they were so dissatisfied (perhaps a bit dramatic on their part but an indication of the frustration guests feel).

Overall, I have enjoyed my trip but can’t say at this moment in time I would highly recommend this hotel. The location, food and friendly staff could make this a top place to go but inspired hotels must make the booking process for groupon/itison/5pm vouchers easier and give the hotels appropriate staff - especially as it was a school holiday and traditionally busier time.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Louise-Charlotte
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful view, excellent friendly staff, lovely food.
Even had real fire in the lounge area.
We were here 3 nights using an Itison voucher and really enjoyed it, our third time of visiting.
Only quibble was a minor one, lots of fishy starters on the dinner menu but none on offer at breakfast. Poached haddock or kippers would have been a welcome change from usual 'full Scottish'

Trip type: Travelled as a couple