All reviewspacked lunchlocal areadays walkingwarm welcomewalking the great glenb and balanhostdogfort
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

My mom and I came into town late and were recommended this B&B at a local cafe. The owner welcomed us in. The place is nicely set up and very clean. The owner friendly and knowledgeable about local area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Really friendly host with lots of local knowledge. He has a selection of menus from local restaurants for all budgets and booked us a table.

The room was clean and comfortable. The company that booked for us said that the room was ensuite which it wasn't, but there are multiple bathrooms and we never had to wait for one.

I wouldn't normally book a non ensuite room but out of 6 nights at various b&bs this was one of our favourites. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

We were walking the Great Glen Way and the host picked us up and dropped us off the next morning. He was happy to stop for photographs and to explain a monument on the way.

Great Scottish breakfast too!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Just returned from a wonderful two day stay at The Mahaar. Alan was welcoming from the moment we arrived and went over and beyond to make our stay comfortable. Every room was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was just delicious. Best haggis and black pudding we have ever had. The host really cares about his guests and was so helpful about the local area. He packed us off for our Ben Nevis climb with lots of tips and a yummy packed lunch which we enjoyed on our way down. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatMor84
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Stayed one night as a couple of days biking in Fort William.

Alan ( Owner) was very friendly, extremely helpful and very accommodating. I had came back quite late from biking and the owner took it upon himself to phone a local hotel as I came in the door to book a table for me. Rooms have all you need with tea and coffee available, Tv and Wifi also available. Note as other reviews state bathrooms are shared but this was of little problem to me as I was travelling on my own. As the B and B offers very competitive prices and value for money I had no issue with this what so ever.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We stayed here for two nights on the Great Glen Way. Having a dog was causing problems with finding accomodation and the host offered us pick ups and drop offs which meant we were able to base ourselves in the town for a longer period. The rooms were clean but be aware the bathroom and toilets are shared. The host was a real character with stories to tell.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family