All reviews interesting history lovely home own garden overlooking the river memorable stay guest lounge surrounding gardens short walk from the town centre owner brian lovely conservatory family history perfect place to stay wealth of information few minutes walk away superb location breakfast was delicious irish hospitality
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We were tired. We saw the signpost for Cairbre B&B as we were driving and impulsively turned down the street. I saw the house and, joking with my husband, said "oh please please please be it", knowing it probably wasn't. When we realized that this incredibly beautiful manor house WAS the B&B, I thought I'd gone to heaven. And that was before we saw the inside! The room we stayed in had the prettiest little window seat where I remained ensconced for the rest of the evening!

Brian was the most amazing host! Incredibly knowledgeable about the area, friendly, and welcoming. He sat us down with a cup of tea and cookies and provided us with maps of the area, pointing out restaurants, pubs and shopping in the area.

And breakfast? Wow! Delicious does not even start to cover it! Fresh items harvested from the garden that morning, fresh made Irish bread and wonderful company.

And add wireless Internet to all of this? Who could ask for more?

I'm trying to figure out how to plan my next vacation in Ireland around staying at Cairbre! We WILL be back! Save us a room Brian!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Brian's Cairbre House is a one-of-a-kind Inn within a great town. Brian's greeting at check-in is genuine and his care for your experience not only at his Inn but within the town of Dungarven is sincere. The Cairbre House is historic and full or character, the house was built almost 200 years ago, and it has been an Inn for almost 100 years.

After checking in, and getting settled; Brian had us downstairs for tea and biscuits, and then shared with us the menus and pro's and con's of each of the town's restaurants. I stayed at 3 different Inn's and a five star hotel during my ten days in Ireland; and never received this level of service.

Brian's breakfast was by far the best I had during my trip. He gathers his herbs and tomatoes from his garden and his food was fantastic.

We thought of Dungarven for we wanted to visit the Waterford Crystal Factory in nearby Waterford. However, that is a complete waste of time. The crystal is no longer even made there, and they stopped the tours. But, I am glad we planned as we did, or we would not have found the Cairbre House and Dungarven. Great place, great stay, and a great host!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Every little thing you could think of that a traveller might need had been thought of in this lovely B&B. The host, Brian, was delightful and most helpful in every respect. The rooms comfortable and nicely furnished, and the house and gardens in a lovely setting. We wished our schedule had allowed us to stay longer.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2009

There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said about Brian's B&B, but my hope is to reinforce how nice it is. The B&B is lovely from the outside all covered in ivy and with Brian's beautiful gardens, and then equally lovely on the inside...exactly how you would expect a charming B&B to be. The rooms were indeed very clean but the showers were excellent with perfect water pressure. The location is great because you are right on the waterside and can sit outside or inside the observatory area to relax & take in the sights. One more very nice touch is that Brian uses vegetables, herbs, and flowers from his garden to prepare breakfast...wow!! Just can't say enough except I wish we had stayed for more than 1 night.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2009

This guest house is wonderful. Brian greeted us and gave us coffee and biscuits.He brought a map of the town and marked all the restaurants and gave us an idea of the type of food they offere.He has menus for all the restaurants which you may take to your room to look through.There are lots of leaflets and info in the rooms and also in the main hallway.The rooms are very clean and well equiped.The beds and pillows were wonderful. I had the best nights sleep I have had for ages.There is a lovely conservatory and balcony overlooking the river . The guest can use this. Brain offered wine glasses ice and lemon if needed.There is a selection of breakfast menus. All the foods you get on a good buffet and more. Lovely fresh fruit and the soda bread was wonderful. The irish breakfast was lovely good quality food well cooked and beautifully presented. So pleased we stayed there. If you book do it direct with Brian I did it online and it goes through an agent and the price is higher.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple