All reviewsinteresting historylovely homeown gardenoverlooking the rivermemorable stayguest loungesurrounding gardensshort walk from the town centreowner brianlovely conservatoryfresh berriesfamily historyperfect place to staysoda breadwealth of informationfew minutes walk awaysuperb location
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Fantastic B&B, Brian, the owner, has the magic- many B&Bs could learn a lot from him. I stayed in another B&B the week before, it cost €10 less but the difference was enormous.
If you are looking for comfort, tranditional Irish experience (without the diddly idelly doo) then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Cairbre House, Abbeyside, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Southern Ireland
Reviewer: Teacher from The Cotswolds, UK
April 23rd 2009

We have visited Southern Ireland for a week, each year for the past 20 years. Cairbre House run by Brian Wickham, is the VERY best place/home we have EVER stayed in. It is warming, cosy, homely, spacious & fascinating & we have travelled the world.

Our host was very accommodating, the rooms very spacious & the food & it's presentation - second to none !

It is on the water, overlooking the river & set in it's own grounds. Nothing was too much trouble - I could not pick up the WiFi on my laptop, so Brian came to the rescue. We had a guest lounge with digital tv & made to feel very much at home - especially when he gave my husband the remote control !

Sadly we could not stay for all the 4 nights of our trip as 2 of them had been taken prior to our booking. We had to move a mile up the road to somewhere that, quite frankly, looked liked it had been robbed !

We missed Brian's homely decor, guest lounge, tablecloths, nice irish breakfast with flowers & herbs from the garden adorning the plate.............. we will be back !
[--]

Reviewed 18 April 2009

Loverly old fashion B+B. Brian the owner made us very welcome with a nice cup of tea and biscuits on arrival. We would certanly recomend to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2009

We have just returned home after a week trip in Ireland. One of our planned stops was that at Cairbre House in Dungarvan and that was a very good choice of my husband !

Upon arrival Brian (the host) welcomed us with tea,coffee and biscuits which we really were desperate for after a long drive from Dublin. The house is cosy and warm and our room had beautiful views over the bay besides being spacious and clean.

Brian helped us a lot with info on the area and things to see and do besides helping out in trying to trace my lost wedding ring which i presumably left at a previous hotel. If you are reading this Brian, thanks a real lot as I found the ring !

The breakfast is more than enough with a variety of cereals, jams, yoghurt, assortment of bread, cheese, croissant and a choice of mains for brekky. I opted for the salmon and it was just lovely with the touch of herbs picked up from Brian's garden.

To sum it all up, we highly recommend Cairbre House to all as it is a great place to stay at. We will be back and this time for at least 3 nights !

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Lovely people. The host gave us a warm welcome with tea and biscuits and very good advice for dinner.
The room was spacious and furnished with care.
The entire house is furnished with a very good taste and with true pieces of life.
The garden was so nice that I took same photo as a reminder for my country home garden!
Breakfast was delicious. The best we had in Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family