“Great Lunch!”
Review of The Old Bake House

The Old Bake House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Bake House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$17 - US$33
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On a CIE tour our coach stopped in Miltown Malbay and our driver told us we had an hour for lunch. A bunch of us blindly chose the Old Bake House and we’re glad we did! Food was great and service was fast! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We had a wonderful lunch . I choose the fish pie. Lots of fish and potato topping. Sauce was perfect and it was piping hot.
My friend also had the fish pie and rated it highly.
Our mutual friend loved her Beef lunch.
Reasonably priced.
The Restaurant was spacious and clean. The staff were very friendly. Would recommend

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We chose this restaurant because of it's wide selection of seafood, and we were delighted with our cholce.

The waiting staff were very friendly, and kept our children 14 and 10 entertained while our food was being prepaired from scratch, no prepacked ingredients here, only fresh.

The food was beautifuly presented, and I would have to say it was one of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant.

I would highly recommend this restaurant, excellent service, and wonderful food.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing meal here! Most definitely one of my favourite meals to date and we love going out for meals every so often so that’s saying alot. The prawns for starter were gorgeous, meatballs and spaghetti was so flavoursome! Also I tried a bit of their lamb kebab, wow! Also the desserts were homemade and so tasty! We will definitely return to Clare and go here, so worth it! We even had lunch there 2 days later and I got a gorgeous chicken wrap. Was such a cozy setting aswell, would definitely recommend, we already can’t wait to get back.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This was our third trip to the Bakehouse and as we knew to expect it to be busy on a summer Saturday night we booked in advance for eight people celebrating a birthday. Shortly before arriving we found our number to be only six as the child involved was ill. The lady of the house was most put out by the change as she had just turned away a couple.We were made to feel the worst as we waited for the big change that would have to be made for us. To be fair she did bend over backwards the rest of the evening to make light of it but it was not the first time we had had to wait after reserving a table. I had really enjoyed the duck when I had dined here before but decided to try something else . The beef bourgignon was very tender and filling but over-salted. My husband was really disappointed in the cod which was overdone but his prawn starter was excellent. My daughter was happy with the balti and one of the children couldn't get enough of the rice dish she had. So a mixed review this time and I must say being treated like a guilty party is off-putting. I'm not sure if we'll go back.

2  Thank CMBernadette