“very busy quirky restaurant specializing in sea food”
Review of The Old Bake House

The Old Bake House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Bake House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$17 - US$33
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This was our third trip to the Bakehouse and as we knew to expect it to be busy on a summer Saturday night we booked in advance for eight people celebrating a birthday. Shortly before arriving we found our number to be only six as the child involved was ill. The lady of the house was most put out by the change as she had just turned away a couple.We were made to feel the worst as we waited for the big change that would have to be made for us. To be fair she did bend over backwards the rest of the evening to make light of it but it was not the first time we had had to wait after reserving a table. I had really enjoyed the duck when I had dined here before but decided to try something else . The beef bourgignon was very tender and filling but over-salted. My husband was really disappointed in the cod which was overdone but his prawn starter was excellent. My daughter was happy with the balti and one of the children couldn't get enough of the rice dish she had. So a mixed review this time and I must say being treated like a guilty party is off-putting. I'm not sure if we'll go back.

2  Thank CMBernadette

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t not fault this restaurant, the food is amazing , the lamb kebabs for starters were delicious , I had steak for main which was cooked perfectly, the staff are very friendly, I would highly recommend visiting this restaurant for dinner

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We didn't have a table booked but we were lucky to get on. It was on a Wednesday evening and the bakehouse was packed.
We were seated promptly and ordered a beer. For starters we had deep fried brie which was simply wonderful. So so tasty and the pineapple was a delicious addition.
For main i had chicken kiev, my partner had chicken balti. Food was fresh and delicious. So very tasty too.
Staff were attentive and friendly. It was a great experience and we cant wait to go back. We were too full for dessert unfortunately.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Had wanted to eat in Lahinch - but on Saturday night, everything was booked. Found this place, when we searched a bit farther away. Terrific food - both for vegetarians and meet eaters. Excellent service. Fun, typical Irish, small restaurant venue. Live music. Really enjoyed our time there. Would be my first choice if I return!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Food is always of excellent standard, amazing menu and always fabulous specials !!
If you want excellent food - pay it a visit !
Family friendly and happy to oblige ...

Date of visit: July 2018