All reviews infinity pool pizza glass of prosecco tosca restaurant concierge service tuscan hills beautiful property world class wine tasting first rate the general manager our honeymoon impeccable service bucket list huge bathroom one bedroom suite rented a car
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Our recent stay at Castello di Casole was our second visit. We had such a great time on our first visit we decided to go back. It did not disappoint. The rooms, the Tuscan charm, the impeccable service, the food, the grounds and especially the location make this Italian resort extremely hard to beat.
We were especially well treated being repeaters.
Thank you to Federico and his management team, Carla Volterra for her excellent service at Tosca and to Mateo, Allesandro, Nicolo and Alessio at Bar Visconti for keeping us well hydrated.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Veronica C, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Castello di Casole, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Sir. & Madame,

First let us thank you for sharing with us your wonderful review and for choosing us for your second visit during your journey in Italy.
We are really proud to read your positive feedback regarding our impeccable hospitality and to learn that our staff has fully exceeded your expectations.
Hoping to Welcome you back to Belmond Castello di Casole in the near future for another memorable experience.
We remain at your complete disposal and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the following mail address.

veronica.canestrelli@belmond.com

With Kind Regards,

Veronica C.
Guest Relations

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Staff & management were world class!! The grounds are gorgeous, the suites large and modern with many amenities, luxurious spa, well-appointed fitness facility, fabulous food! There was no room for improvement and this hotel is perfection.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa M
Federico G, Direttore at Belmond Castello di Casole, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Madame,
thank you kindly for sharing your wonderful memories with us.
We are really delighted to learn that you have appreciated our services and the kindness of our Team.

We truly hope to be able to welcome you back when travelling through Tuscany, in your further journeys.

Veronica C
Guest Relations

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The first thing that comes to my mind when I’m thinking about our stay in Castello di Casole is feeling of impeccable hospitality. That is our second time visiting and me and my family couldn’t be happier from our stay. First, we have some traveling problems and the concierge desk help us to get from Pisa to Casole in very timely and efficient manner nevertheless it was Sunday morning. From our reception till the moment we leave we have this sense of home away from home. Second, we are extremely satisfied by the room that we get – it had a small yard which was great for our little boy (the decision we to be hosted in such place was purely on hotel management based only on the information that we have traveling with kid. Third, we have tried all the facilities – three restaurants, outdoor pool and spa and like them all (my life recommends Anastasia in the Spa). And finally, I want to mention Alegra on concierge desk – she helps us a lot with very good and insightful recommendations about our trips nearby. We really do not want to leave and think to come in Castello di Casole.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Tokushev
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about our experience at this breathtaking resort. We arrived opening day of the hotel and stayed in a Private villa with friends for a week. The service at the resort was exceptional with the bar host and waiter greeting us by name and remembering our orders/ preferences each time we returned. The food was delicious and we enjoyed our meals watching the sun set over the valley. The spa is a must! We received some of the best treatments ever and they made sure that we had lots of privacy in the waiting room It is the prefect place to make your home base when touring the beautiful Tuscan region of Italy. They arranged a private visit/ cheese/ wine tasting at a nearby farm for our group which everyone loved.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Because my family and friends love Castello di Casole (CdC), I wanted to read all of the reviews to see what others thought. I noticed that there were some "average" reviews and even a negative review....I'll explain why I think they miss the point.

But first, let me repeat the title "One of the Best in the World." And, we have been to many excellent locations around the world.

I should also note that we stayed in the Magnifica Suite. I don't know if the other suites would be so pleasing. We go here often, and I'll update this review if I get a chance to see other suites. On the other hand, the actual suite is only part of the CdC story.

CdC is the perfect blend of old world and new. If when looking for a luxury, world-class hotel, images of chandeliers, gold-plated faucets, modern electronic key-entry systems, etc, come to mind, this is not the place for you. No, CdC is old world elegance. Which is not to mean "rustic" with negative connotations. The hotel is very up-to-date with new furnishings etc., but that is not "modern." It's elegant Italy. It's the sophistication of the old world brought up to date with comfortable amenities. Old world, but not musty. Up-to-date without the sameness that "modern" may imply.

The Magnifica Suite rooms are huge. This is not a place you go to turn out the lights and sleep. You can enjoy a bottle of the wine produced right on the estate and have room for friends joining you with cheese, prosciutto and boar sausage spread on your table while you are comfortable on your sofa and side chairs.

The bathrooms are also huge and comfortable. Modern (again, not gold) fixtures, large shower, tub, hooks for robes and all that and an abundance of hot water. Heated towel racks.

The staff cannot do enough for you. They are friendly and down to earth...not stuffy. They will quickly become like friends if you let them.

Spa, of course.

The outdoor areas are like none other. The terrace is large, tables are far apart enhancing privacy and the views of the Tuscan hilltop towns and the rolling Tuscan hills give you an instant feeling that you are very far away from the place you came from. You are back in time and space. The local Tuscan restaurants (if you venture out as you should) are also friendly with delicious, simple, local food enjoyed by locals.

We travel quite a bit and always like finding new places, but we try to come back often. Thinking about the other reviews here on TripAdvisor, I believe this last point captures it best. Castello di Casole is one of the best in the world because it takes you to a different time and space all with great comfort.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends