“Do not miss!”

Price range: US$18 - US$41
Description: Family, Farm Restaurant & Cooking School
Description: Family, Farm Restaurant & Cooking School
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

When I travel, I rarely come across a place that I want to visit again. Not because I am so picky; it's really not that at all. Rather, there are so many spectacular places on this earth that I want to see that I just rarely think that I need to go someplace again.

This is a place that I fully intend to visit again. Actually, the partners who run this venture have such an amazing vision of Locanda Demetra in the future that I hope I can stay in one of their apartments someday.

I recently did a cooking class here with 3 other adults and my 8-year-old daughter. It was simply amazing. In addition to her talent in the kitchen, Chef Imma was so patient and kind, even with my daughter, who was so proud of the pasta that she made. The kitchen is beautiful. We made pasta from scratch, including egg-based and egg-free with tartufi, into pappardelle, tortellini, ravioli, and cavatelli. We learned to make a basic tomato sauce, pork medallions with zucchini and mint, and tiramisu.

Then we sat down to eat what we made. Plus we had 4 other family members join us for lunch. They got Chef Imma's tasting menu, which was unbelievably delicious. I loved every bite. She has an amazing talent. The view and ambiance were fabulous!

Alessandro is friendly, engaging, and knowledgeable. We enjoyed talking to him throughout the meal.

I truly cannot say enough about how great of an experience this was. I cannot wait to come back!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We found Locanda Demetra a year ago during a month's stay in Montalcino. And came back several times during that month because the food and the whole experience were so good. Back then, LD was ranked about 25th on TA. Now we have returned to Montalcino for a few weeks, and LD is Numero Uno on TA, and with good reason--it's gotten even better. Imma in the kitchen is just stunningly talented, and Alessandro and Emma who greet and serve are uniquely talented in making sure you have everything to make the evening perfect. It's Michelin star quality food minus the pretense that usually goes with. Just simple, comfortable, amazingly flavorful, and really fun. Plus one of the best views in the city. Absolutely do not miss eating here.

1  Thank Rob R
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The food, the location, the service, the wine were all outstanding. All this from a little place on top of a hill on the outside of town. Not easy to find but worth the search. Gio was a great tour guide host and his brother Alessandro was a wonderful host and server in the restaurant. They really care about what they do. Their passion for good food and the wines of Montalcino made our time with them a delight. If you are going to Tuscany. Don't miss this place. It is a small dining area so be sure to make reservations for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Fabulous food in a romantic and unusual setting. We were made so welcome at Locanda Demetra, and loved the food freshly and imaginatively prepared from local ingredients. A little out of town, but a real gem.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I did a cooking class here. It turned out to be my Florence Tuscany trip highlight. Before the cooking class started, Alessandro greeted us with freshly brewed coffee. Imam then came to show us the herbs and edible flowers in their lovely garden. We then moved on to the kitchen. She taught us how to make various types of pasta and showed us how to make some other dishes. Then we made our own tiramisu and decorated with edible colourful flowers. I enjoyed it very much and even my family members who rarely cooked also had wonderful experience. They are also very flexible and accommodative for our preference as we specifically requested to learn how to make prawn pasta with tomato base. The ingredients are very fresh, I haven't tasted cherry tomatoes that sweet. After the cooking class, we then sat down and enjoyed the lunch in the beautiful garden which has an amazing view of montalcino. The class scale is usually small say 6 people. They are going to have some b&b rooms ready soon, would be great to spend a day there when rooms are ready. Alessandro and Imam were very friendly and courteous.