See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We decided to get out of Palermo our last day there to take an excursion and explore the western coast of Sicily. We knew this was an option for us in the off season, but that to hire a private car/tour guide would be expensive, so we originally declined this service. However, toward the end of our Palermo stay we realized we needed to just go for it--and we are so glad that we made this decision. We paid $150 Euro per person and our hotel arranged for a car to pick us up at ten in the morning. Our guide picked us up, drove us to see the ruins in Segeste, and then took us to Valderice for lunch at the resort before driving up to Erice to see the ancient village. We think he called ahead to the restaurant so they'd open it just for us. Anyway, they had a waiter there for us, and the day was just beautiful. We had a private lunch in the dining room, overlooking the coastline below. It was fabulous. Of course, what made it most memorable was the quality of the food. Our guide suggested that we try the local pasta as our first course. It was a Riccioli type of pasta, made fresh--not dried. It was absolutely wonderful and full of garlic. We had swordfish and veal, and a plate of grilled vegetables. All with a local wine, of course. So memorable. Great service, too! This resort is extremely beautiful with views that cannot be beat. Note: We paid separately for our meal, in addition to our private tour in Sicily. The price was reasonable, and well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2016

We did not stay in this hotel, we only made use of its restaurant. We cannot fault this place, both the antipasti and the pasta were extremely good. As a desert I ordered the sweet pastry parcels filled with ricotta which were also very nice.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2015

We were in the Valderice area and stayed here for 3 nights. We stayed in the newer part of the hotel and the rooms are very simple but clean. The views are amazing from all over the property. We rented a common room for an event and it had amazing views as well. You can see Monte Cofano and the Mediterranean sea. They have breakfast included and this includes cornetti, chesse, meat, cereal, capuccino/espresso/coffee, a variety of freshly squeezed juices and toast with a variety of toppings. When we were there it was raining so we didn't use the pool but it looked nice.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2014

My husband and I were traveling with my parents, and my husband had selected this place for the "charm" of the old section. Turned out that the rooms in the old section were quite small and did not have air conditioning, which was fine for me and my husband (it turned quite cool and comfortable at night and we liked having the windows open to the fresh air), but my parents wanted air conditioning. The young woman at the front desk was trying her best to make us happy and luckily there was one room left in the new section and we were able to move them. They ended up having a stunning view of the coast and were happy to have an elevator to get them to the second floor. We had dinner every night (3 nights) there and enjoyed all of them, from the fixed price tourist menu to pizzas. We liked that the restaurant was full every night, the majority of clients were locals or at least Italians on holiday. In fact, we ended up befriending a young couple with a baby on vacation from Trapani. We had a car and it was a good base for exploring Segesta, Selinunte, Erice, and Marsala. One late afternoon, my husband and I decided to go for a jog, and stumbled on a local market on the street above the hotel on the hillside - it was market day, and we got to see local culture: families and couples out for a passeggiata - to see and be seen while shopping for everything from cheese, pork, barrels, toys to peanuts, parrots and more. The pool was refreshing after long days of sightseeing, and the view from the hotel is gorgeous, too.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ella Y
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've just stayed in this hotel for the 5th or 6th time only to find out that standards have seriously deteriorated. It was the first time that I booked this hotel through booking.com. All previous times I booked through them directly (just saying this for clarity's sake, I'm assuming it does not reflect on the kind of rooms given, etc ...) The room given was much smaller than the rooms we stayed in before. The breakfast has shrunk compared to before and the service of replenishing consumed items was very slow. We asked twice at reception for someone to come and fix our air condition since it as not functioning properly but nobody made it in 2 days. The shower cubicle was very very small and the TV set was one of the old box ones measuring approx 30x30cms. The location and outdoors of this hotel are amazing, it is also very clean, but the rest is not so good any longer. I'm afraid I will not be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple