See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

“Very helpful and friendly family greeting us and fulfilling our wishes as much as possible. Signora Clotilde makes sure room n bathroom is cleaned daily. Breakfast is good. Beautiful view of the amalfi coast."

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2017

The location was perfect for us, close enough to travel to various towns in the area. Amalfi, Sorrento, Pompeii all within an hours drive away. A hire car is an absolute must but as long as you master the driving style of the italians ( ;-) ) then you will be fine. The property itself is somewhat dated I guess but the hospitality was first class. There was nothing that the owner or her three sons wouldn't do for us. One of the reasons we picked this property was that firstly the view ( incredible views over the sea ) and secondly the fact that they cater for people who have a Gluten intolerance. Every morning a separate Gluten free breakfast was served for me ( not always the nicest, but bless her heart for trying ) this was various breakfast savouries and cappuccino or whichever style of coffee you'd like. The family also own the restaurant up the road ( about 150 m ) called L'incanto who also cater for Gluten free. See another review for the food there but one of the sons Nicola was very welcoming and always very polite and helpful. The area of the Coast of Amalfi is beautiful and the towns and sites of interest ( Vesuvius and Pompeii etc ) are breath taking. We both really enjoyed both our stay at Da Clotilde and the area for a holiday. So in summary if you are looking for the poshest, most elegant place to stay this probably isn't it but if it's more important to you the scenery and hospitality I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Once booked, the owner insisted on international money transfer to secure booking. We paid 8 months ahead. When we arrived, they seemed confused about our booking, until we showed them the printout.
The rooms were not near the family restaurant. It was the bed and breakfast 150m down the road. So we have to walk along that busy road every morning for breakfast. Lots of stairs before we get to our room, which is common in this part of world. But rooms looked a bit dated. Free internet but very slow
Breakfast was continental, inconsistent amount and varieties, depending on which of the 3 brothers was serving.
Dinner in the restaurant was average, the famous pizza was only available on saturdays, so we didn't get to sample it.
I must say the landlady was very friendly and helpful, even though her English was limited.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank diskali
Reviewed 2 October 2016

This was my first solo trip, and wow, what an experience! I’ll admit, at first, I was a little hesitant and nervous as I hadn’t initially planned to make the trip alone. However, after arriving at Da Clotilde I instantly felt at home. The hosts were impeccable, they catered to my every need, they helped me navigate the buses, they carried my stupidly over packed suitcase up and down the stairs, and even showed me around the breath-taking scenery close to the ‘Path of The Gods’ (which I’d highly recommend seeing, the views are exquisite). I stayed here for 5 nights and after visiting towns like Amalfi (which took around 30 mins on a bus), I was glad that I had chosen to stay higher up in the mountain away from the hustle and bustle of the towns. If you’re looking for an idyllic and tranquil getaway, then your search should end here. As for the rooms, they were perfect! Upon arrival, I was stunned by how spacious mine was. The room was cleaned daily to a very high standard, and stayed lovely and cool even in hot weather. If, like me, you’re a sucker for a good shower you will not be disappointed. I love a good power shower, and I wanted to take this one home with me. The family own a restaurant just down the road and the food there is to die for, you have to try the lemon cake! I will definitely be visiting this place again, and I am sad to return home to the UK. I will miss waking up to incredible views, eating great food, and being treated like a princess every day. Thank you so much to all the staff there for making this trip unforgettable. Ciao for now, until next time.

Sarah x

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2016

The room was amazing, very clean with fresh towels every day and a beautiful balcony & terrace with a sea view. The breakfast was fantastic and they even catered for my gluten free girlfriend with special dishes for her every morning.

The property is family run and they were impeccable hosts, always happy to help and making it feel like a home from home. They also run the restaurant just up the road which serves deliciously fresh food (also with many gluten free options) and a picture-perfect balcony view.

Placed in the town of Furore between Amalfi & Positano, it's a perfect spot to base an Amalfi Coast holiday from and we'll be giving our highest recommendation on to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple