Hotel check in and reception were helpful and friendly, and it was easy to talk to them when we needed to, which wasn't often. Room service was good, came every day and kept the apartment clean and tidy. Safe was €18 for 2 weeks, we felt really safe the whole time we were there but we always get a room safe these days, just in case.
We didn't use any of the hotel restaurants or bars except for trying 'happy hour' a couple of times. The cocktails and long drinks where pricey so the 2 for 1 deal just brought them down to the same price as the other bars
We had a low floor self catering apartment (0103) in the block nearest the sea, so we had a sea view and shade from the mid 20's sun which was lovely, nice to watch the ferries and cruise boats passing. Self catering isn't really possible apart from very simple stuff, with a 2 ring hob and a microwave, but there is a kettle and a good coffee percolator. Additionally, none of the local supermarkets had much in the way of meat or veg to buy.
The room had aircon but it struggled to get the overnight temperature below 20°C. We also had problems with bites, bring your mosquito repellent, there are less than there were but it won't help much!
Pool was cold but bearable, bit of a rush for the sunbeds in the morning if you wanted a good place but there were plenty around. The poolside music gets repetitive after 2 days, especially if you don't like rap. At least the animation team where trying to get people going.
Location is good, with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby plus souvenir shops for those essential gifts. We ate out every night and most lunches and would particularly recommend Pezouli and Osiris for food and service at decent prices. Also worth going to Bar Royal or Kavalieros for an evening drink and a laugh whilst watching the world go by. Very little in the way of evening entertainment and the whole area was quite by 10:30pm ish.
Bus to Rhodes Town picks up outside the hotel in the morning and it's cheap. Definitely worth a visit to Rhodes Town, but be prepared to be ripped off, it's pricey. Watch out for 'a boot of lager', it can be expensive. They'll try to entice you in to the bars by approaching you as you pass, ignore them and pick one with seats in the shade.
Loads of car, ATV, scooter and cycle hire available around Ialyśos. We got a car from the hotel (Sun Cars) which was good, had a couple of days touring the island. We also rented an ATV from a local place and had a good day out sightseeing.
Local beach is pebbles/stones but there are sunbeds available for around €4 per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sun beach resort complex is a magnificent 4* hotel located in a prominent position on the beach of Ialyssos, just 8 km away from Rhodes. The resort represents a fun and relaxing holiday environment with an impressive range of accommodation, fine cuisine & bars, leisure & sports facilities, good entertainment for all age groups and a high standard of warm and personal service. The property is suitable for people with walking difficulties & wheelchair users. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sun Beach Resort Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Beach Resort Complex Hotel Ialyssos
- Sun Beach Hotel Complex
- Sun Beach Ialysos
- Sun Beach Hotel Rhodes
- Sun Beach Resort Complex Rhodes/Ialyssos, Greece