“Best pizza ever”

da Gilberto
Ranked #36 of 100 Restaurants in Ialyssos
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: Located 3 km. away from the town of Rhodes (on the road to the airport), the pizzeria “da Gilberto” offers since 1987 pasta and pizza following the best Italian gastronomic tradition.
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I love Italian food and this is definitely the best ever pizza I tried.
I trusted the waiter and I tried the pizza "alla gilberto" with garlic and prosciutto and I felt in paradise at the first bite!
Prices are very low and the quality is the best.
Definitely highly recommended

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

If you want to enjoy Italian food at its best then you must visit this restaurant. Overlooking Kritika beach on the west side of Rhodes town, this restaurant has a simple decor, but then you are there for the food. Gilberto is the chef in the spacious kitchen which is very prominent in the restaurant. This is very reassuring for customers who feel that their orders are being specially and personally prepared by a top Italian chef. I like my pizzas thin in order that I may take in the full taste of the ingredients. I wasn't disappointed. Most of Gilberto's customers are locals and come from afar to enjoy Gilberto's cooking. Prices are normal. I can recommend the house red wine... 11 Euro for 1 litre. We had a wonderful meal to remember... highly recommended.

Thank J.Melvin C
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Having trawled local restaurants trying to find something which wasn't overpriced or restaurants where staff accost you as you try to view the menu, we settled on this little gem. Very simple Italian home cooking at its best.

Pizza's have wonderfully thin crusts and topped generously.

The tiramisu is to die for, make sure you leave room! It's very light, creamy and delicious.

Would recommend and likely to return during our trip.

Thank Wannabe_Jetsetters!
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Having had several average to poor meals in Rhodes we decided to go local to our hotel. Wow finally somewhere with great food. Pizza top class and lovely tiramasu. Ok its not buzzy rhodes town but there is a nice view and exceptional food....simple menu and excellent food at a reasonable price. Finally Rhodes has been redeemed.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We shared the Greek salad as a starter (good we shared because the portion size was huge!), we had a 4 Stagioni and a Vegetariana pizza. The pizza base was nicely thin and crispy with lots of toppings. Fully recommended.