See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2018

My mother and I stayed here for a week. To say that the staff is amazingly attentive is a huge understatement. First of all, if you book a two star hotel, don't complain about old style furniture. However, this hotel deserves more than two stars to begin with. The rooms are simple but clean. The breakfast is the same every day but it is plentiful, varied and fresh. I have stayed in hotels with more stars where after three days I ran out of combinations of foods to eat for breakfast. This does not easily happen to you at Congo hotel. From jams and butter and different types of breads to croissants and honey, chocolate spread, greek yogurt, cereal, sausages, cold cuts, cheeses, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese, eggs, cookies, cakes and watermelon, you will find something to fill your stomach, I guarantee you. There is of course also juice, coffee and tea.
How do I explain how amazing the staff is? We booked just a few days before we arrived and due to my mother's illness I called a day in advance to request a really comfortable bed for her. Martina kindly accommodated our request and even checked later if the bed is good enough. Yes the AC is payable (5 euros per day) but necessary. We only booked it the second night and it ran out the night before we left. When we inquired at the reception to pay for one more night as we were leaving in the morning, Alex gifted us the AC for the night. They remembered our names and greeted us every day with a smile, inquired about our day and offered a kind word and advice if we needed information.
The beach is a few minutes away and it is lovely, not very touristic as even locals come to swim. The umbrella and sunbed is 10 for 2 people (5 for 1) for the whole day. Which means you can leave and come back. There are restaurants in the vicinity and the city a nice 20 minute stroll away. There is nothing we didn't love about staying here. It was truly wonderful.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2018

We spent a week in hotel Congo and liked it very much. It is quite small hotel and the staff is cheerful and helpful. They always greeted us and asked how was the day and so on. Our room was small, but suitable for us. We had balcony where we had two chairs and a table. The mattress was very hard, but we got better when asked it.
There was nice athmosphere all in all.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 641helil
CongoMarineHotel, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Congo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

We thank you for your comments.
We hope to see you again.
Have a great summer!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Situated near the Marina, perfect if you are sailing, 10-15 minute walk to the old town. Not sophisicated but clean, it has a terrace where you can have drinks, at nearly any time, breakfast etc and it also has a small swimming pool. Very agreable staff.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
CongoMarineHotel, Reservation Department at Congo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

"May all who come as Guests, leave as Friends!"

We thank you for your kind words! Hope to see you again in our beautiful island!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2017

We spent excellent holidays in Congo hotel. It was wonderful time. Special thanks to all the staff of the hotel: especially at the bar -Stela, Katerina and the night reception men . They were very, very friendly, kind and helpful. I strongly recommend this hotel for everybody. Location is very good and the price is excellent! Only 5 min from the nice sandy beach! We comeback at November again!!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I stayed at the Congo primarily because I knew it was dog-friendly, and was travelling with my dog. It's super dog friendly! It was a relief to be in a place where I didn't have to worry about my dog. Very relaxed place, and very comfortable - my bed was excellent, the private bathroom was great and there was a big balcony. The location is a little out of the centre - a bit too far to stroll back from a late night in the Old Town - but it's a nice enough neighbourhood and not far from the sea and if you just want a comfortable, friendly and good value base then I'd highly recommend it. There's a bar and you can eat a basic breakfast at the hotel.

Room tip: From my first-floor room overlooking the road, you could hear cars passing during the day, but there was no noise during the night.
Date of stay: October 2016