“Mediocre. Period.”
Review of Cleo's & Natalia Bar Trattoria - CLOSED

Cleo's & Natalia Bar Trattoria
Price range: US$14 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Description: A unique opportunity to taste authentic home cooked Italian food in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.Coffee,Sandwiches,Breakfast and lunch served from Monday - Friday. Open for dinner Thursday-Friday.If you are in town on a Thursday make it happy with special priced drinks from 8.30-11 Pm.
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is a tiny place next to the old town.
They serve a very limited selection of dishes limited to simple pasta dishes and some chicken breast dishes.
We had the spaghetti bolognese, which was rather disappointing. I expected a slowly cooked ragout with rich tastes of wine and spices. Instead we got what seemed to be some chopped meat sauteed on a pan and mixed with fresh tomato sauce.
We also had pene with pesto sauce, which was OK, nothing more.
Another dish was chickn pizzaiola, which is a piece of chicken breast with melted cheese and some tomato sauce. This dish was also OK. The chicken breast was fresh and tender and the tomato sauce seemed to be the same as the one on the pasta bolognese.
One thing that really disappointed me is that they use commercial pasta, not home-made. My thoughts are that if you serve those ultra-simple dishes of pasta + sauce, everything has to be fresh and home made.
Overall, the meal was OK. Nothing more. I can personally cook a better version of any of the dishes we had.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We came to Rhodes on a Rhodes by night excursion to visit the old and new town. After wondering old town we decided we were bored of the same themed shops and did not want to eat there after many days of traditional Greek cuisine. We therefore decided to wonder around the new town and stumbled upon Cleo's and Natalia Bar where we decided to eat. The food was absolutely fantastic and the staff were extremely friendly. They sat and talked with us after our meal and talked about their travels and settling in Rhodes and cooking traditional Italian cooking. The price was extremely reasonable. Should you ever visit Rhodes and are unsure of somewhere to eat or have been put off by the touristy restaurants of old town then I recommend that you seek this place out. Also save room for the tiramisu. You won't regret it!

3  Thank tronpant
Reviewed 21 July 2014

15 years ago my favorite Italian restaurant in Rhodes was Cleo's in the old town. I used to compare all my Italian food with Romildo's quality and luckily with his daughter Natalie they open again a small but nice with excellent Italian pasta, and very good variety of meat pates with fresh salads. During my last visit to Rhodes I had lunch and dinner with VERY reasonable prices. The place is also good for an espresso with a small snack or probably a home made sweet. Nice family service. I defiantly recommend this place.

2  Thank evangelosp_11
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After wanting to eat at a restaurant that was relatively close to the bus stop and not too hard to find, we decided to try this gem out based on the other reviews. We had the whole restaurant to ourselves as we arrived early. It was a lovely, simple and cosy place that stripped the restaurant back to basics and concentrated on excellent service and food. Our expectations were certainly exceeded. The three members of staff were nothing but accommodating - the food was delicious, and very reasonably priced. We absolutely loved visiting this place and would definitely recommend it for anyone trying to avoid the touristy crap restaurants plotted everywhere. This is a family run restaurant who have a very interesting history. I wish we had time to visit again but we will certainly be back if we return to Rhodes next year! Many thanks for such a great time.

1  Thank Sophie P
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Small restaurant a little bit far from city center with short but very delicious Italian menu. Was surprised by price-to-quality.
Friendly staff.