1,358 results
All reviews animation team snack bar father and son pool area evening entertainment beach shoes mini club until midnight great holiday water polo air con daily activities plenty of choice family room kids club restaurant manager busy road
Reviewed 21 October 2015

My trip was the 7th Oct for a week with adult family members. I liked it all, the hotel, our family room was really good, spacious and very clean. Lovely setting on the beach, it was so nice to sit on the patio and watch the sea having an all inclusive cocktail drink and relaxing. I enjoyed the food, a good variety and a plenty of it. The hotel had a good atmosphere, helpful, friendly staff who worked hard, the animation team were fun, some very good entertainment nights and plenty of activities in the day if you wanted to join in. The pool looked inviting, but I enjoyed my swim in the sea and being able to sit and relax afterwards on the sun beds. It was a nice short taxi ride into Rhodes town too. It was amazing value for money.I would definitely return for another holiday with or without children and recommend to my friends. .

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
AvraBeach, Public Relations Manager at Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

It is a pleasure to read that you and your family totally enjoyed our facilities and hotel's cleanliness.

There is a daily effort to be made from all our associates in order to provide the best possible service to our valuable guests.

We look forward to your return at the Avra Beach Resort for another lovely vacation.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

We spent the 1st 2weeks of October here and had a fantastic time. We traveled as 2 couples and our friends decided to renew their wedding vows while we were there. The staff could not do enough for us from decorating the area where the ceremony took place and helping to arrange a photographer and hairdresser even recommending a beautiful Greek taverner to have a delicious meal in afterwards. A very special thank you to Maria from Maxine for going tha extra mile.
The hotel itself is clean and comfortable with the most hardworking and friendly staff we have ever encountered.
Finally the animation team are great encouraging you to join in without pressurising you. Balu, Martina,Demi,Ester and Joe keep up the good work and thanks for the ladies night.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steph W

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your loyalty to the Avra Beach and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience in our property.

We are so glad you had a wonderful time with us and that you have thoroughly enjoyed the facilities and the service. The team always appreciates that their friendliness is mentioned and certainly strives to deliver warm and efficient hospitality.

Again we would like to thank you for your wonderful comment and we hope to welcome you soon again in our beautiful island.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

First of all, I don't like to stay at all-inclusive hotels. However, my mother, my sister and her family invited me to join them and they asked very nice... :) Here comes my review out of that perspective.

First the good.
Never have I been more impressed of how clean this hotel is. The cleaning ladies does an excellent proactive work. They clean already clean surfaces. Big like! The staff in general was at my stay very nice and all had big smiles. Now understand that the season is almost at it's end and they work 6 or 7 days a week! Impressive.
Also, animation team did a great job. They deserve a day of per week. However, they have daily themes but don't follow they very well. If you have a pirate day then the kids should be dressed as pirates and running around looking for treasure, not drawing treasure maps "if they want" as quoted from one of the leaders.

Then the average.
The food here is average. Not in a poor quality kind of way though. It is fresh and well cooked, much better than the all-inclusive in Turkey I was dragged away to by my sister last year... ;) Since the hotel caters towards all-inclusive travelers, including families who want their kids to eat, the food is quite bland and without much spices/seasoning. This is why I don't like all-inclusive hotels. They listen too much to those who complain that the food is too spicy when it is normal greek spicy. I love food from all around the world and have an interest in local food. Now understand that this hotel is not a very expensive hotel so complaining at the variety of the food you cannot do. If you want more, pay more. Ok?!

Ok, then. The bad, or slightly bad anyway... from my "I don't like all-inclusive" perspective.
The area around the pool is cramped. The tables almost sit on each other.
The various activities like zumba etc don't have enough space and is done in between the tables.
The music system is not very good, or tuned. The treble is set to high. Because of the high amount of concrete around the area, the music tends to bounce alot. A good sound engineer can fix these problem. The music played was mixed. Some nice and chill music sometimes, but much was fistpumping really uptempo club music, or that is what I felt. Not so relaxing. Especially when animation team was doing their stuff. Music totally out of the focus group of a all-inclusive hotel. Same thing at the Turkish all-inclusive I visited last year. Weird. Remember that many of your visitors are elderly and families. The don't want to go clubbing.

Ok, so I have made a long review. Not quite finished though. I think this hotel have a huge potential to do much better, and attract more people.
First, the lovely beach has a lot of pebbles/small stones that makes it troublesome for people, and very difficult for older people to access. If it is allowed, I suggest you build a pier from the top of the concrete steps. It could extend 10 meters into the sea. Also with steps to access the beach on both sides.

Second, there is a fantastic possibility to make a lovely patio/terrace on top of the first floor above the restaurant/lounge area. This would make more of the lovely sea view accessible and also make more room around the pool area. Animation team would have more space. A stair could be made in the area where the restaurant/table tennis is. This stair could be shared with the restaurant and pool area. A small bar could be erected on top. The area could be made accessible from the first floor of the hotel. I have many ideas if you (the hotel) wish to know more, please contact me! :)

Third, change lighting! Too much of the lighting in the hotel uses very cold white lightbulbs. There are very nice warmish light bulbs available that creates a much better human friendly light. Lights are not only for seeing, but also for creating a nice feeling.

Last but not least, the hotel is in need of a paint job, and the rooms some updating. But it is not so bad. Also, when finally renovating, don't go cheap as you have done with the balcony railings and the aluminium windows/doors. Go with something that fits the hotel.

Ok, this is the end of my review. I would like to thank the hotel for at very nice stay. I would especially like to thank the reception manager lady for nice and interesting talks, though I never asked your name! Poor me!! :-* to you! :)

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
AvraBeach, Public Relations Manager at Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor.
Also we would like to thank you for your useful remarks regarding our hotel.

We are glad that our team made your stay a special one and that you left us with great memories.
It is a pleasure for the team to read that their friendliness and helpfulness played an important part in your stay.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back next summer.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

I am so pleased with everything, the animation team is extraordinary and they will definitely spice up your vacation. Great activities for all ages, the children will get a vacation to remember for the rest of their lives, the nightlife is SO good (especially if you join the animation team when they do their "partying trips", they will show you the best places in all of Rhodes), the daily activities are also great fun for everyone and so is everything else. If you're thinking about going I highly recommend to do so!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting such a warm and heartfelt review on TripAdvisor.

We are so happy for your enjoyable moments in our resort, but most of all that we have managed to exceed your expectations.

Receiving so warm comments, especially for our associates, gives us only positive feelings and makes us really proud. We have already shared your wonderful review with our personnel who look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island.

We hope to see you again for your next holidays.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Easy to reach from Rhodos Old Town (harbour) and the airport through a bus line that stops just by the hotel entrance.
Poor quality and choice of food is poor. Very low offer of meat (except for a pork gyros that looked rewarmed over and over) and almost no fruit. Too windy for October (despite the proximity of the beach). No enough sunbeds by the pool (in October! don't want to thing about August). Very poor animation. CHARGEABLE wifi! really unbelievable that no internet access is available no where in the hotel. The cocktails from the all included resembled and sadly some even tasted as dishwasher soap.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
AvraBeach, Public Relations Manager at Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

We feel sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay.

We hope you give us the chance to welcome you again at Avra Beach Resort and serve you as you really deserve.