“Absolutely Perfect”

Remvi Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Firostefani
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Remvi restaurant located in Santorini at Firostefani, and is ready to serve you. Remvi restaurant combines spectacular views of the volcano and the Caldera, with tasty meals from Mediterranean and international cuisine. Seafood is our specialty. There are daily fresh fish, lobster, etc, from the beautiful sea near our restaurant. The service is always friendly. We have all kinds of breakfasts.
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I cannot begin to describe how much my partner and I loved this restaurant! We stayed in Imerovigli, Santorini from 16 October to 24 October 2017. During our 8 day trip we ate here three times.

From the starters menu we had tzatziki with pitta bread (very fresh, the best we had whilst there!), olives, fried Greek cheese (which is just unreal) and Santorini Fried Tomato Balls (5 large patties so a heavy starter but amazing!). We loved all of our starters! We also saw the bread and dip on other tables on a few occasions which looked unreal (massive plate with lots of different dips, olives and veggies on! Definitely a sharer but looked amazing!)

For mains we had the (1) halloumi stuffed chicken patty (herby minced chicken with halloumi in the centre breaded and fried with caramelised onions on top) with mildly citrus flavoured (gorgeous!) rice and salad, (2) the goats cheese and sun dried tomato stuffed chicken (it’s not at all what you think. It’s like two large slices of chicken with the cheese/tomatoes in the middle with a mustard sauce over the top) with the gorgeous rice and veg, (3) the sea bass which is grilled whole with the gorgeous rice and lovely chunky veg and (4) the best chicken skewers ever!!! With fried potatoes and veg (to die for!)

We also had one of the desserts (vanilla ice cream) which was lovely!

The food was just unreal. Absolutely our favourite restaurant!

There are a couple of cats who roam freely around the restaurant however they are kept off tables and away from food. This is a standard in most outdoor restaurants on the island! They are pets, not strays! And very friendly! I actually hate cats usually but it didn’t bother me in the slightest!!

Our waiter Constantinos was the most pleasant, friendly, lovely man on the island. He really looked after us every night and reserved the best table for us each time we went. We loved him!! Absolute credit to the restaurant!!!

The sunsets are to die for there! Absolutely stunning! The bells ring out as the sun goes down and it’s just breathtaking.

We cannot wait to go back to Santorini and to Remvi! We absolutely loved it!

REMVIRESTAURANT, Ιδιοκτήτης at Remvi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for choosing our restaurant 3 times for your holidays, and thank you for your review. We always trying for the best. And with your reviews, we are trying to be better and better. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

My new wife and I visited Remvi during our honeymoon in Santorini. To be honest, we were going to go to Vanilia but it was full, so Remvi, being right next door, was the fall back.
The server was very nice and welcoming. The cat was also friendly and cute (yep - cat). We ordered wine and tzatziki with pita to start. The pita was warm, which was great, but I’m not sure it was from being fresh. The tzatziki was a 3/5 in my books. Not the best (or second best) that we’d had on our Santorini Tzatziki Tour ;)
The wine was not good. The red was stale and watery; the white was warm but tasted a bit more like wine, at least.
Now for the main course... my wife ordered the Remvi Pasta and it was “ok”. After eating pasta at two other places in the days leading up to it, it was not the winner, but it wasn’t bad. I had the stuffed chicken. Ok- I love food and rarely don’t finish what’s on my plate... but i couldn’t do it. There was a rich, rich sauce on the chicken that seemed to ruin it for me. The rice it came with was citrus-like, which only confused my palette even more, and then a green salad which was fine. When I ordered it, I envisioned a nice chicken breast full of feta and Santorini sundried tomatoes, and maybe I was foolish with my expectations. It was a sad day, paying for all that disappointment. Should’ve waited at Vanilia.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Everything we had here was so good. The Octopus here was incredible! It wasn't busy which worried, us, but this place did not disappoint.

REMVIRESTAURANT, Ιδιοκτήτης at Remvi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for choosing our restaurant for your holidays, and thank you for your review. We always trying for the best. And with your reviews, we are trying to be better and better. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Had a delicious first meal our first night in Firostefani, Santorini at this traditional restaurant. Our server, Konstantini (I hope that's what he said his name was) recommended traditional Greek dishes and wine to go with it.It was amazing. The baked cheese was fabulous and we were even able to take our leftover wine home. I would recommend this place with its great service and delicious food.

Thank Joanne M. W

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Beautiful view. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food delicious - we went a couple of times during our recent stay. It rained on one occasion whilst we were sitting outside and everyone was moved inside calmly, speedily and efficiently.

REMVIRESTAURANT, Ιδιοκτήτης at Remvi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017