All reviews tea house tagine shakshuka private pool costa rica healthy food bedroom villa piece of paradise i highly recommend this hotel beautiful place surf lessons gracious hosts the main road horseback riding playa carmen a special place mal pais
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I cannot rave ENOUGH about Horizon! If you’re going to stay, eat, do yoga, relax, adventure... do it HERE Every dish we tried from the Tea House was phenomenal. The room we had was clean, air conditioned & spacious for the 2 of us. We had a great view of the ocean. If you are in the lower levels, the individual pools & great outdoor seating is a great treat! Each yoga class was absolutely divine with a wonderful view as well. Anything we needed, ATV rental, decisions on what to do for the day, we were assisted with. Gali & Yoav & their supporting staff made our stay beyond wonderful

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you so much!

So much love in your eyes and smile, Gretchen. A true healer! A true Metta explorer!

Was a bliss to have you with us!

Till will meet again - always with you @ heart!

Yoav & The Horizon Family.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Everything about the Horizon was great. We were on a surf trip and the location is great (easy access to the beach). The food was incredible as was the service. I would highly recommend the Horizon. We will definitely be returning next year.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank DOUBLEDToronto
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you so much!

Looking forward to have you with us again!

Biglove!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is an easy review to write because I can only say glowing things about Horizon. Where to start? From the first shell-lined step, through a curated burst of wild colors set in a lush green tropical backdrop (with 15 shades of green), your jaw will drop. The little Buddha-like statues reminded me of Bali; the jasmine transported me back to Hawaii,..and those are just the stairs! I seriously spent many minutes watching butterflies and hummingbirds.

The room: Gali and Yoav came here 16 years ago with a vision. I stayed in the ocean view studio and feel that every detail was tended to. The cabin was largely comprised of windows so I was literally surrounded by jungle (with A/C) and a view of the sea, even in the shower! I highly recommend booking your daytrips through Horizon as you will get the extra layer of professionalism. Juan leads wonderful tours and birdwatching in Cabo Blanco.

I spent hours chatting with Gali, who could not have been more welcoming. She and her husband are positive, spiritual people.

Santa Teresa is a bit harder to reach than some other places in Costa Rica and there is no real town "center" - more like a road that runs through it. Favorite restaurants include the Bakery, Katana (US prices), and Banana Bar. Local eateries like Carmen and the taco stand are cheaper. Horizon had the best breakfast and coffee of my trip.

Stay here.

*Check the yoga schedule in lower seasons. Less classes.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you so much for the warm words beautiful girl!

True yogi - in and outside the shala! Keep on seeing the beauty!

Biglove from us all, here on Horizon Hill!

Yoav & The Crew.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Horizon in February last year and enjoyed it so much that we brought our family (with 3 20 yr olds). We rented two bungalows and enjoyed our stay. Our 'kids' had such a good time too.
Ww especially love the breakfast at Horizon, tge friendly proprietors Gali and Yoav as well as the yoga classes. We took surfing lessons with Nalu. Gali set us up with a Birding Tour with Juan-an expert birder. He took us to hidden rivers where we saw a huge variety of birds.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hey Libby & Dan!

So much fun to have you and "the kidos" with us!

Makes my heart sing knowing you had a great time again!

Keep on exploring life, friends!

Love,

Yoav & The Family.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my 4 days at Horizon immensely. Gali and her husband were truly gracious hosts in every respect.

Horizon is sumptuous. The cabin was perfect with an incredible view, both yoga classes I attended were delivered with thought and expertise and the views from my accommodation and the restaurant were fabulous.

I’ve travelled over 50 countries now and experienced many hotels; this was one of the best. I don’t usually consider returning somewhere, but this time, I many just do that.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Hey beautiful girl!

Thank you so much!

So so happy to hear you might consider to return to us one day. The red carpet awaits!

Biglove!