“Food for the Soul”

and 1 more site!
Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The amazing energy at Horizon is, without a doubt, created by the owners Yoav & Gali. Gracious and wonderful hosts who made me feel like I was family...they truly took the time to understand what I wanted from my time there and did all that they could to help create that experience. Not only do they manifest an incredible atmosphere, you can see their attention to detail in many ways. The accommodations are cozy, zen-like, and kept extremely clean. The food--oh my-- Heavenly! Yoav creates delicious energy shakes and meals, using fresh ingredients and delicious combinations. I came home completely motivated to re-create his recipes as best that I could. In addition to the accommodations and food, the yoga was inspirational. The view from the yoga space was beautiful and peaceful. There were a few different instructors--all spectacular in their own ways. Yoav is also an amazing Yogi and leads classes as well. It meant so much to me that he took extra time to help me accomplish a long time yoga goal of mine. Other pieces of my trip came together effortlessly as well... my surfing lessons, massage, transportation, dinners... everything is organized by Yoav and Gali, and I couldn't have been happier! Great location...easy and short walk to the beach and restaurants... very friendly and professional staff. Staying at Horizon was a true pleasure for me. I chose this place as a yoga and surfing get away, and I came home feeling refreshed, peaceful, and like I had accomplished personal goals, at the same time. Horizon, and the beautiful positive energy running through it, is clearly the result of a vision from the hearts of the owners. A true sanctuary for the soul!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LisaWC

Reviewed 9 December 2011

We can't say enough about this fantastic gem. Yoav and Gali (owners of Horizon Hotel and Yoga Center) continue to provide a sanctuary where every person is welcome to enjoy "La Pura Vida." This is our 3rd time staying at the retreat and we will be back. This was, however, our first time traveling with our 7 month old son and I can say that whether you are looking for a quite place to relax as a couple or a wonderful family vacation you have found the right place. The villas are beautiful, the pools are fantastic, the veggie kitchen is amazing and of course we love this family.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Villas and the rooms and both are fantastic
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SmilingTraveler_10
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Horizon is a true sanctuary sitting on the hillside above Santa Teresa's dusty downtown in late April. Although just paces to shops and restaurants, it feels remote, private and infinitely comfortable. I enjoyed afternoon hammock siestas, fruit fiestas in the kitchenette, deeply restful sleep in AC when needed, outdoor showers to rinse off the saltwater and sand, quick pool dips to cool off, and so much more. The food and drink is hands down the best in the area - fresh, local and loaded with love. The owners are attentive, knowledgeable and providing. The yoga studio above the restaurant provides a fabulous practice space that is the perfect combination of connection with nature and controlled elements. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My girlfriend and I just left after 2 weeks staying at the fabulous Horizon Hotel in Santa Teresa/Malpais. It was our secod time staying there and it could not have been better. The bungalow-style cabin was clean, quiet and had beautiful views. We drank fresh juices and excellent coffee each morning sitting on the deck of the Tea House. The Yoga studio is one of a kind amazing place. The host and hostess (Gali and Yoav) are wonderful and truly care about your experience. If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay, on a hillside, with fantastic views, access to great surfing (5 min walk away) and yoga, and at an extremely affordable cost, then this is the place for you. We highly recommend the Horizon without question!! Disfrutalo!!! Enjoy it!!!! Pura vida ...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We can't wait to go back! Costa and Horizon are prefect. The rooms where clean and cozy, we felt completely at home. The owners and staff where so friendly. The yoga classes were with out a doubt, the best we've ever experienced. One of the owners instructed one of the last yoga classes that we were a part of; words can not even come close to describing how great of an experience it was to be a part of his class! And to top things off the food was Great!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple