All reviews honeymoon villa garden villa air conditioned low tide every evening pineapple beautiful place perfect spot ocean front rent an atv wedding beach sunset privacy harmony hammocks stove
Reviewed 13 August 2017

My wife and I spent a wonderful week in Red Palm for our wedding. We booked 8 days at the Honeymoon Villa right on the Beach. From the day we arrived until the day we left everything was taken care of by the wonderful staff. Airport Pick up and drop off, Ocean front villa, beautiful pristine beach, etc... can't think of a better location to get married. The best part was how easy everything was done.. effortlessly so it was truly a relaxing and stress free experience.

Lucrecia manages the Hotel and takes care of all the wedding arrangements. She is very personal and committed to making sure everything goes well.

-1 hour Couples Massage in the patio of our villa
- Hair and makeup
- Photo session
- Video Footage
- Music (Acoustic Guitar player)
- Beachfront champagne toast
- Sunset Bonfire
- 5 course meal by a local chef in your villa

Our package also included 2 extra activities (of which are many tours/ activities to choose from) to take on other days (before or after the wedding). besides the amazing wedding experience, the rest of our stay was pretty much a relaxing experience in beautiful Sta Teresa Beach. Red Palm is known in the region for their wonderful weddings and everyone involved is great. Alan is the justice of peace and is fully bilingual. He gave us a very simple yet elegant and personal ceremony. Maria does the photography and Alejandro the video, They did an amazing job recording our day for posterity. Pablo is a local chef and comes to the villa on your wedding night and will prepare you a 5 course meal to die for. We also had a wonderful Welshman who has lived in Sta Teresa for ages (can't remember his name) play some nice music for us during and after the ceremony. Our wedding was small and personal but they also cater for bigger wedding.

Room Tip: The beachfront villas are amazing- views of the beach
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alejandro R
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This review is a hard one to write as the hotel itself was nice. I did like how the hotel was built into your surrounding and it is on the ocean. I booked a basic cabin and it was fine. It had a utility kitchen and living room perfect and everything was clean. My problem was that I booked it through Hotwire for my dad and brother who were staying together. The problem comes in as it said breakfast included and it was not, they don't even have a restaurant. And IT IS A CASH ONLY HOTEL as come to find out everything in the area is, however I booked it on Hotwire with my credit card so I assumed it was going to be put on my credit card and was never told that this hotel does not except credit cards, run credit cards, or have anything to do with credit cards. So as to their surprise they go to check in and are told to pay the balance for the week.

Now let me explain a few things. I was set to meet my dad and brother for June 11 they checked in June 10 and flew out on June 9 and I flew out on June 7. I am included these dates as I was sent an email from the red palm stating I would need to pay in cash for the hotel on June 9 the day before he was set to check in and neither of us had Internet access on our phone so I never received the email. So to my surprise having to come up with the money was kind of a big deal as It was not really in my budget. My husband confronted them and they said they had had this problem in the past as hotwire does not have that information and they did not contact me until a day before check in. All of this was just very annoying. I do not want to have to find out I owe cash the day before I check in I want to be prepared and I want to be notified well in advance. So I give this hotel three stars because I feel like I was not told proper information.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Elyse L
RedPalmVillas_10, Owner at The Red Palm Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Hello Elyse, this is Mike, I'm so sorry for how this turned out. From my end I'm not sure what happened regarding the letter I send out the moment we received your hotwire reservation but it's short and to the point thanking you for your reservation and explaining your credit card has not been billed but only used by hotwire to hold the reservation, we accept PayPal, bank wires and cash. As you mentioned, it's a small place, no restaurant, we try our very best to offer our guests very clean accommodations, on the very best part of Santa Teresa beach, with a Customer Service staff second to none. They work so hard to avoid 3 STAR reviews, you have no idea how much this hurts us all especially when we do everything possible to be more than transparent, sincere and accommodating. Had I known this was an issue when you arrived I would gladly have given the option of time to sort it out, minimally handle it after you got home, clearly not wanting to stress or inconvenience you. So from myself and everyone there, we're deeply sorry to have annoyed you when you were just wanting to have a nice relaxing holiday on the beach. If you come back I promise we'll do something special to make it up to you. In the interim, minimally please accept our sincere heartfelt apology. Again, I typically respond to every letter and request within minutes/hours, I'm not sure why you did not receive mine with plenty of time to either cancel or be better prepared...sometimes they do end up in SPAM folders but even then we follow up with calls if we do not hear back from guests. So sorry...thanks for the review, we'll work on it and I'll speak with my staff. Best regards- Mike

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I can’t say enough wonderful things about the Red Palm Villa! We booked the Beach Elopement package. From start to finish the communication was excellent! Lucretia was our wedding planner. She was helpful throughout the entire process. She made excellent suggestions and gave us lots of choices. We really did not have to do anything for planning the wedding. She took care of it all. It truly was a stress-free wedding.
In order to save some time (and get to the beach faster) we flew Nature Air from San Jose to Tambor. It was a quick 20-minute flight that saved us over 5 hours of driving. We stayed in the Harmony Garden Villa. The villa was set back from the beach. We were surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers. We felt like we were in our own little oasis. The beach was just steps from the villa. When we arrived at the villa, we had a wonderful fresh fruit basket awaiting us. I’ve never had such fresh tasting mangoes, pineapple, and maracuja. The villa had its own kitchen. I brought along my own espresso maker to make espresso on the stove. In the mornings, I would make a nice latte and sit and watch the birds and the squirrels playing in the front of the bungalow. The whole villa was air conditioned, which we used during the hot afternoons. We also had wi-fi. Lucretia had made arrangements for us one day to rent an ATV to explore the area. The ATV was dropped off at the villa, they gave us instructions and ensured we could handle driving it. We used the ATV to eat in town one night and to ride up the coast and explore the other beaches.
Back to the wedding….Lucretia set up the paperwork, the officiant (I highly recommend Alan), the photographer, the flowers, the bonfire, and many other things. It was a great place to get married. And so stress-free!!
The sunsets on the beach at the Red Palm Villas were spectacular! We were able to sit, relax, and enjoy the sunsets every evening. We had choices of sitting in the hammocks, in the sand, or on the beach benches. When it was low tide, one could walk out on the rocks and view the sea life. We even found a few shallow pools, in which we could sit in and relax in the warm water (and tried not to think of the feet of snow back home). I was truly sad when our week was at an end. I would love to go back again. All of the staff were helpful. They helped us to have a fun and relaxing time.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reinhardkw
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I spent a month here in February and really enjoyed it. Its a unique place, a bit away from town and right on the beach. There are only a few villas on a large property so there is plenty of space and privacy, I stayed in Honeymoon and it was like having my own house right on the beach, amazing view and no other villas within about 30m either side. Not easy to find. Its a little out of the town of Santa teresa, which was a good thing for me, thought a bit too far to walk so you need a car or bike. Staff very helpful and I was well looked after.

Stayed: February 2017
2  Thank TimM5543
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We stay in the Hummingbird villa, by the beach and it is exactly how it looks and sounds. An amazing windowless house by the beach. We had a great relaxing time.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. They helped us find surf coach (amazing Alaric) and yoga instructor (Adi). Also good tips on restaurants.
Only thing to keep in mind is that Hummingbird villa has only 1 room with doors and AC, all the rest is beautifully open which is great if you are relaxed about security, however, on storm days although the view of the beach was beautiful, the noise of the rain can keep you awake.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family