All reviewsyoga retreatocean frontcosta ricaour honeymoongarden bungalowhealthy foodheaven on earthzip liningoff the beaten pathbeautiful countryopen airpura vidacan't wait to go backhermosa beachcouples massagelow tidesurf lessons
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We stayed at a beach-front bungalow for three nights on our honeymoon, and loved every minute of it. The location is perfect - right on the beach, a couple feet away from Playa Hermosa and near tide pools that are great for snorkeling. The food is impeccable, and a great value. It's fresh and healthy, and they have an amazing menu of fresh juices.Their cocktails are just as good!
The yoga classes are top notch and offer a variety of levels and styles. Rent some ATVs while you're there and check out Santa Teresa - its such a fun way to see the town.
What really makes Pranamar stand out is their staff. They are warm, friendly, attentive, and make each guest feel like they're the only ones staying there.
To Johan, Alvaro, Esteban, Diogenes, Starling -- thanks for everything. We're putting together a care package to send you! --pura vida

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa K
newalbum, Yoga director/co-owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Dear Happy Honeymooners,
So glad you had a wonderful vacation and congratulations again on your marriage! We loved helping to make your time in Costa Rica special and hope that you will come back for more great food, yoga and surf. Stay in touch and come back to stay with us soon.
Many blessings,
Nancy Goodfellow

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Wow where do I begin, I could go on and on about how amazing this place is. I was a little apprehensive about going to a yoga retreat for our honeymoon seeing as though neither my husband or I do yoga, but I fell in love with the pictures online! When we got there we immediately fell in love with the place. The food was beyond amazing and a reasonable price. My husband is a very much a meat and potatoes guy and he loved the food so much he ventured out of his usual comfort zone which I could never get him to do at home. The staff was the best! From Dego in reception to Ann and Johan(the best bartender ever) in the restaurant. The chefs where great they came and chatted at dinner and where just great guys! Besides making a new dinner menue every night based on the freshest ingredients that day. Susan the own even came over in the morning to chat. The pictures don't do it justice! I wish we would have spent our entire trip here and not made our way over to la fortuna, it was a complete let down after leaving Pranamar. They truely are a pranamar family and make the guests feel the same way.

Love always,
Maryrose and Derek

P.s. stay in villa 3, and check out the Bakery down town if you want to venture out for lunch. Must rent atvs and drive to montezuma!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Hello Friends
WOW, WOW, you sure know how to make us happy! Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I owe any and all success to the amazing staff (family) that runs Pranamar. But what makes me so happy is that you appreciated all of them the same way i do!! Honestly, nothing, absolutely nothing an make a hotel owner happier than to know his/her guests have left not just satisfied, but JOYFUL!
I have a big smile on my face, and my heart is thumping because you took the time to write and you were so enthusiastic.
Wouldn't it be fun to catch up with you again in the future?? It would be an HONOR to see you return..
Much love and Happy Holidays
Susan Money, Owner

Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

We wish we had stayed longer! This is a boutique-ish hotel. The yoga area is amazing, teachers are better than any I have had in the states. The entire layout of the hotel is well integrated into the land. The staff is amazing, friendly, well spoken and just plain cool. I would stay here if you are looking to get away to a quiet and peaceful Costa Rica. The beach is not swimable but a short 3-5 min walk on the beach is Plays Hermosa which is THE spot for surfing and swimming. For the price you get so much! We stayed in an ocean front villa which really is a 2 bedroom house! Breakfast (full menu ie French toast banana pancakes, omlets, breakfast burrito etc) and yoga included!!
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Dunnskd
newalbum, yoga teacher/co-owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Dear friends, we thank you for taking the time to send in such a positive review and we couldn't be happier that your stay with us was so enjoyable. I'm especially pleased that you enjoyed our great yoga classes, as I worked hard to find the best teachers for our ocean front studio. We truly love what we do and feel so blessed to be able to come each day to such beauty and share our passions for life with our guests. Hope you'll come back again, whether you decide to come for a yoga retreat or just a relaxing week of surf, great food and beautiful weather! Thanks again,
Nancy Goodfellow

Reviewed 19 November 2012

After a grueling three day mountain bike race across the country, my wife and I decompressed and recovered for three days enjoying an amazing yoga instructor in an open air studio with views and sounds from the ocean. The surfing is some of the best in the world, and the food and service was amazing. Be sure to give the manager Mario a high five for doing great in the same race - La Ruta de Los conquistadores! Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Congratulations again for your amazing accomplishment in the race! It was so great that you guys choose to unwind and rejuvenate with us at Pranamar. So glad you enjoyed the yoga classes...it was a pleasure to help you relax and stretch out after such a physical challenge! Hope you both will return soon to stay with us at Pranamar Villas. Be well and many safe cycling journeys!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here in June 2012 for our honeymoon. We loved Villa #1 and felt like we were pampered for the 4 nights we stayed. They did everything to make our stay comfortable. We LOVED the couples massages and while we had two included in our package, we added a third because they were that amazing!! Having breakfast delivered to the room is a great option we didn't know about until the end of the trip and I highly suggest the french toast dish. I loved our stay.

Room Tip: Go for a Villa on the beach!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
pranamar, Owner at Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Friends,
Thank you so much for your loving words! We feel so honored when people choose us for their honeymoons!! And when we live up to your expectations, well...what could be better?
Honestly, we all love what we do. Pranamar seems to attract active, healthy, loving , happy people, and so that just makes our jobs even easier!
Have a wonderful year and please, come back one day and celebrate with us again! Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful note.
Namaste