All reviews an oasis costa rica two story the main road rooms were very clean nice balcony included breakfast rooms are amazing first floor yoga room definitely stay here again super market a great place to stay surf shop ceiling fan cleaned daily beautiful place
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Otro Lado lodge is a hidden gem within Santa Teresa. The owners will go above and beyond in assuring that your stay at the resort is satisfactory. They will help
You with whatever questions you have, and will not hesitate to call places to book or reserve a place for you.
Nestled back from the main road, you will not be bothered by the noise of the traffic. They have an amazing menu for breakfast and lunch that will suit all visitors. Their rooms are amazing; so if you can be sure to rent their houses. The pool was a welcomed retreat from the heat of the day. We stayed in their two bedroom house. It is a place of peace and quiet, away from the hustle of the area. We highly recommend this oasis.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I traveled to Costa Rica with my 16 year old son. We stayed 5 nights at Otro Lado and loved our stay there! The rooms were clean. The pool was clean. The people were nice. It was quiet and peaceful. Close to the beach. Close to ATV rentals and surfboard rentals. Close to some restaurants and the little grocery store. Good AC. Breakfast and lunch food was very good. If we ever return to Santa Teresa we will stay here again. Wonderful! (I wouldn't stay here if you have little kids or babies...it is a peaceful little place and you'll probably feel bad when your kids make noise at the pool or your baby is crying etc. All other traveler types should book with no hesitation.)

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days with family. The property was very clean and quiet since it was nestled back off of the road behind a surf shop. Rooms were very clean and the staff was very nice. Not sure why people complain about no TVs and short pool hours? They are very clear in describing the type of property this is. ~7 options for the free breakfast, all of the ones I had were excellent. Only negative I can think of is the plumbing system is weak and they ask that you don’t flush TP. The town is in the middle of nowhere so it comes with the territory I guess. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a no-frills, low-key relaxing stay in Santa Teresa. I would return if I ever visit the area again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Marco J
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Just left Otro Lado and missing it already! The grounds and rooms are clean and cared for well with simple, natural beauty. Yummy food and the staff is relaxed, helpful and kind. Hope to return again, thank you SO much having me : )
-Randi

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2018

This was our penultimate stop during our travel across Costa Rica and if we could've cancelled our final hotel and spent all of our remaining days here we would have done! Tucked away down a little gravel track you wouldn't know the Otro Lado was there, but then you suddenly find yourself in the lush tranquility of the cleverly designed grounds. This is only a small complex but the layout of the rooms make it feel like the whole place is yours. The grounds are stunning and very well maintained. The pool was very clean and perfect for cooling off or lounging around on the beanbags or sunbeds on the side.
The food was excellent, freshly prepared and cooked to order on site.
The staff were very friendly and knowledgable and topped off an excellent experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple