Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa(Batu Ferringhi)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$274
US$226
Lone Pine Hotel(Batu Ferringhi)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$174
US$161
Holiday Inn Resort Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$101
HolidayInn.com
Hard Rock Hotel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)
US$153
US$17
US$16
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La(Batu Ferringhi)
US$171
US$163
Cancelon
US$278
US$201
Priceline
Bayu Emas Apartments(Batu Ferringhi)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,853 results
All reviewsmeditation poolnight marketfamily suitepool areaswim up barhuge bedhill viewbuffet breakfastbaby poolbit datednice poolrooms are largestandard roomhorse ridingfoot massagethe hard rock hotelbatu ferringhi beach
Reviewed 2 January 2018

My first impression of this hotel was WOW. It is an old dignified hotel with personality. I was greeted by very friendly staff and this continued throughout my whole holiday. This resort contains everything you could possibly need and it was hard to even leave to go out for dinner as I felt so relaxed and comfortable. I travelled with just my children and felt safe the whole staff. A big thank you in particular to Zulhairi who works in the bar who went out of his way to ensure I felt safe and relaxed. I found it hard to wind down at first after a very stressful couple of years at work and Zulhairi made me forget work within 1 hour. I will be coming back to this hotel regularly. Very impressed. Everything was perfect.

Room Tip: book ocean view rooms
1  Thank Savinna1
BayviewBeachResortPg, Lawrence Perera, General Manager at Bayview Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Savinna1,

We are delighted with your first impression of our hotel although some find the style dated and not up to their expectation. This is very reassuring and we are ever mindful (and work hard on) that our friendliness, efficiency, service standards, that will count in winning our guests to return to us and in recommending us to others.

Thank you for your assurance to return more in future.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We'd stayed at the Bayview in Georgetown for a few days before moving up the coast for some beach and sun for Christmas.

The pool and beach (beautiful views!) are amazing, well equipped for kids and adults, plenty of watersports on offer, and a reasonably priced bar with drinks and snacks. Try the Long Island Tea cocktail, magic!

The room (number 243) was huge with a mountain view from the balcony, it got no sun so we didn't actually use it all.

The fixtures and fittings in the room were a little dated but could see past that. The fridge was really really noisy but just turned it down to zero when going to sleep so not an issue.

Staff were all very lovely and welcoming.

For venturing out on foot the location isn't ideal with no real attractive walks on offer, just the busy road leading to town.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamessL9853OO

Dear jamessL9853OO,

Thank you for staying with us and I am delighted that we have served you well throughout the whole duration of your stay with us enjoying our spacious rooms, swimming pool and garden.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Penang for another wonderful relaxing resort holiday.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We stayed at the hotel from 14 to 24 Dec. This is our 4th stay at the hotel since our first visit in 2011.

Why this hotel? It's always about the facilities for our family.
1. Shopping/ Transport: It is nicely located away from the street markets, providing a quiet environment for us to rest and relax. The street markets are 10 minutes away by foot. Georgetown is just 30-min ride away. We found it cheaper to travel via Grab (Do note that taxis don't charge by meters). Alternatively, you can book a vehicle via the tour desk at the lobby for your exclusive use, take taxis or the public bus. We paid RM200 for 6 hour use of a 6-seater MPV (with driver). There is also a helicopter landing point situated next to the hotel for visitors to enjoy the experience of travelling on a helicopter!

2. Food: There's at least 3 F&B outlets just outside the hotel, offering good quality and relatively cheap food. Enca Restaurant was our favourite. There are plenty more choices if you don't mind walking down the road.

3. Beach: There is a beach just outside Bayview, that is shared with Hard Rock and other hotels on the same stretch. The State govt made a lot of upgrades since our last visit in 2014. I am impressed as the developments allow visitors to enjoy the water sports.

4. Hotel Facilities
a. Pool- the pool are meant for all generation of visitors. There are baby pool, water play facilities for kids/ toddlers, and a pool with various depth to cater to the various visitors's needs ranging from 1.2m to 4 m.
b. Greens/ sports facilities- the hotel has a large ground area for you to just sit and laze around and enjoy the sea breeze! There are also roving reflexologist that provide services to the hotel's guests. The hotel also has a mini-soccer pitch, basketball court, tennis court and table tennis facilities.
c. Kids Activity Area- There is an indoor play area for kids.
d. Tailor- Maya Tailor is located at the lobby. This is one of the main reason why I chose to stay at Bayview. I appreciated the quality of the tailoring and have been making my office wear and suits at this tailor since 2011.
e. Breakfast- the spread of food should be able to cater to the needs of the guests. I observed that menu is changed everyday (they have 3 or 4-day cycle)
f. spacious room- to us, the spacious rooms are a big plus. We stayed in a Family Side Sea view suite. Value for money!

Compliments:
We would like to compliment Ms Fong Li Peng, who facilitated our request for room transfer promptly. We also appreciated the service given by Mr Che Saiful Daniel at the Le Veranda Cafe, during breakfasts during our stay there.

Wish lists:
Noting that the hotel will be undergoing renovation in early 2018, I would like to suggest the hotel to (i) upgrade the wifi network to a secured network; and (ii) consider having Astro instead of Vision four.

We will be back =)

Room Tip: choose sea view and high floor. avoid hill-side as you will end up facing the main road
8  Thank elfian

Dear elfian,

Thank you for being our loyal guest enjoying each and every stay feeling free and easy each time you are here.

Bayview Beach Resort is a beachfront wholesome family resort with extensive activities and facilities for the young & senior alike. Our off-main strip location in Batu Feringghi where its near and connected to everything but far enough from the noise and bustle of the night markets.

Thank you for pointing out that we do offer friendly services with tons of recreational facilities and space for our guests’ enjoyment the Bayview way. Undoubtedly, our friendly, caring and efficient team is our biggest asset as they definitely will make the difference when we consistently serve all our guests well; whether new or returnees! We are encouraged to do better and we will aim for more positive service excellence delivery.

We are in the midst of upgrading our wifi network while undergoing our rooms upgrading.

We look forward to your continuous support in return for more future R & R family holidays.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I was looking forward to a few relaxing days off and upon booking the hotel in the internet site, the hotel offered an upgrade. With extra cost I could upgrade to „Deluxe Sea View“. Entering the room, we were overwhelmed with the over powering pungent, mildew smell. Looking out the window... we realize, this has only 1/3 of Sea View!! On complaining, I was told, this is the „ Deluxe Sea View“. So, let this be a warning! This place is a rip off. The toilet sink had mildew in it. The shower soap holder too. I had to call house keeping in to clean the fridge. Guess what ?? It had mildew in it too. I do not usually write negative reviews but this place not a place I would recommend at all.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mayflower2656,

I am as disappointed as you are that your expectation of a beach resort was not what we are; so indeed I am sorry that the room did not meet up to such expectations. Our Deluxe Seaview room category is with half overlooking the hill, hence, you get only partial seaview.

We encourage and would prefer our guests to talk to us whilst they are in house if there are any shortcomings so that we can take any corrective actions to ensure their stay is enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

A beach hotel at the far end of Batu Ferringhi. Old hotel, need to be refurbished.The hotel amenities are good, such as the swimming pools.The room are badly maintained, smelly carpets and bad housekeeping. Buffet breakfast also was not to the expectation. The beach also not so good.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
BayviewBeachResortPg, Lawrence Perera, General Manager at Bayview Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Selva1964,

Thank you for your comments which we have reminded our housekeeping to be more vigilant when checking rooms. We regret that our buffet breakfast did not fulfil your expectation as normally our buffet line is well received with the rotated items plus the main breakfast fare expected.

As mentioned earlier we will be embarking on our upgrading works in January, 2018. We look forward to your return to check out our refurbished rooms.