See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I've stayed here several times over the past few years. The last stay was a few days ago, and I was very disappointed. Firstly it's a hotel which is permitted to receive international guests - but they did not accept international credit cards! The reception blamed it on the bank/credit-card provider etc but that's just not on. I had to go withdraw a sizable amount of RMB to pay for the room. Plus, the receptionist had the cheek to tell my (local) colleague to put the deposit for my stay on his credit card - who were they to assume that it's something we're OK with, or, that it's their place to say something like that? It's also the only hotel where I've been told by room service, that they'd first check if I had sufficient deposit before proceeding with my order..!! Finally, the reception staff messed up the arrangement with settling my room bill (cash vs. credit, etc.) and showed us how unhappy they were to serve us. The rooms are getting on - still spacious and reasonably appointed but otherwise nothing great. Strangely, housekeeping left a used glass on my table unwashed for 3 nights...
Furthermore, the room service menu - particularly for a large city in China today - was abysmally basic and limited. I will not stay here again; there's a newer hotel in Jingzhou and there's no need to limit oneself to this one.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank REX997
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I have stayed at this hotel many times. Rooms are spacious and relatively clean. Adjacent to a park with several miles of running/walking trails. Hotel has an on-site gym but it does not open until 9:30 am which is not very convenient. Breakfast is good and serves western and Chinese foods. I have only tried to restaurant at night but was not impressed. Hotel is convenient to shops and restaurants. Wifi is awful, spotty and slow. Not very reliable.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2015

Very spacy rooms, nice furnishing, bathtub in room, big bed. Everything fine.
Stayed here for business trip

+ excellent rooms and services
+ nice park next to hotel
+ nice breakfasts

-Very slow wifi (its a China problem, not this hotel)
- Gym is placed into some bar rooms, not many selection of trainig, no light in backroom.
- swimming pool is in separated building, you have to go to lobby, go out- around hotel and then you reach pool- very stupid (especially in winter time)
- very bad english of front desk staff

Despite nice services I dont think this is a 5 star hotel.
I still would recommend to people who doesnt expect much from services, but want a very nice and spacious rooms.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights - on the 18th floor, I have stayed here previously too. Same floor and same room. The floor was very quiet, so it was easy to do business conference calls, work on contracts on the pc and rest whenever required. There is sufficient packing space for a long stay. Rooms are clean and serviced daily. The bed was large and comfortable. The hotel reception area is well equipped and quick to book in and check out. The coffee/bar on the lobby floor is also good although, the coffee is quite strong. We had the opportunity to attend the Karaoke/KTV on the 4th floor, they were exceptional with service and the selection of English songs was relatively good. There are plenty of good restuarants offering local dishes and I must admit that even though the restuarants may not look like they cater for good food, I have been delighted at the quality and care that goes into preparing lunches and dinner. A good tip for mainland China, is eat lunch before 2pm, as most restuarants do not serve lunch after this.
In addition, the back plate of my iPhone was cracked. It was replaced in less than an hour. Convenience gets a thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here on business and found it to be very good.

The lobby was large and impressive.

Check in process was efficient and the staff could speak reasonably good English.

Room was on the 15th floor and was large and well equipped.

Enjoyed the breakfast in the morning with a reasonable selection for the international tourist.

Efficient check out.