See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 January 2015

It's perhaps unfair of me to leave a review since I didn't actually stay here.
I reserved a room for 2 nights and when I turned up to the B&B the door was locked & nobody was available. I dialled the two cell-phone numbers shown on the hotel and I left two voice-mails. I sent text messages as well but I received no reply. Only the following morning did I receive an email confirming my accommodation (for the previous night!). I called the owner and she promised to look into the matter but I've heard nothing for 3 weeks. Fortunately I was able to secure a very late booking in to Simonsview B&B, which was lovely.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan R
Reviewed 15 November 2014

The view was great overlooking the town and bay. The apartment was clean and functional. The steps were manageable and the location quiet and private. Mark was extremely helpful while we were there and assisted us with our late arriving luggage. Kitchen was adequately equipped and the town restaurants were good and convenient.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Richard H gives a good account so this provides extra embellishment.
The elevated view is of the town more than the sea true but is also of the hills across to Chapman's Peak so overall is quite attractive. There are a flight of steps nearby which lead directly into the town so you can easily walk there. Plus, the town is not really a tourist trap yet is big enough to have enough shops etc.so overall we found Fish Hoek really quite a good base and somehow more integrated than some other places.We felt safe and quite at home.
Though the car parking on the premises is ungated the area is residential and the security of this block is more discrete than the high fences found elsewhere. There is a lockable outer door in addition to your room. This also added to the relaxation factor.
The maid will wash your clothes for you and pretty much dry them.
Richard is right about the wifi, it is really poor and the owners are I think a little stingy on this. In common with other venues we found in South Africa, here they also do not seem to go in for truly opaque curtains. Also the apartment could just do with a freshen up, nothing dramatic, just a little TLC. So overall I would say this was a decent enough place and I would consider returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GealCarn
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Studio apartment is on the west side of the bottom of the building and is nicely fitted. It only gets sun on the balcony in the middle of the day in November, as the sun is blocked by the rest of the building until around 9 am, and disappears behind the mountain at about 4.30 pm.
It overlooks the town rather than the sea, you can only see a sideways view of the sea by going on to the balcony.
Advertised as with free wi-fi. It turns out that one has to go through a convoluted log in through Facebook to get what appears to be 5Mb per day, although in some of the literature it says 50 Mb per day. In short, it is an immense fiddle to log on, and re-log on and there is a tiny capacity (literally about 3 emails) when you get there. In effect, it is not possible to do any work there and best to consider this as without wi-fi. It has a TV but with very few channels.
Seems to be in an area of roaches we had them on the balcony.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple