“Touristic”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

To see and to be seen in Fernando de Noronha. Super over priced. Food not so good. Quite spicy and takes forever to be ready.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

The Pousada Maravilha is without a doubt one of the best lodges on the island: the decor and attention to detail is all there, the views are impressive and the staff are ever-so-helpful. Unfortunately this puts the quality of the food into stark contrast.

The meal started off well, the waiter was very helpful with recommendations regarding dishes and portion sizes. The drinks and starter arrived and both were very good. My husband ordered mussels in white sauce - it was a generous portion of super-sized mussels and we were impressed.

For main course we both ordered a risotto (I had a tuscan tuna and risotto with a red wine sauce and my husband a seafood risotto). The presentation of the dishes was great and we were both keen to tuck-in. We quickly realised that the dishes were over-powered by the flavour of parmesean cheese and this was pretty much all that could be tasted. I've lived in Italy in the past, and can confidently say that this was not a good risotto. I left it to the side and ate the tuna, which was nicely pan-seared.

The dishes cost around £25 - £30 each, and as a result I don't feel this was good value for money. I enjoyed a better meal in Casi Bo restaurant, which is a favourite with the locals.

1  Thank vivelajetset
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Maravilha is a great little hotel (pousada) but the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. The waiting staff is alright, but the kitchen has a lot to learn. Food is over cooked and served carelessly. No attention to detail. How unfortunate.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

The place was rather empty due to the time, but, nevertheless the sub-chef Renata Lima made us a delicious meal. I had the shrimp risotto with tropical fruit and my husband ate an excellent white fish with funghi risotto. The staff is extremely polite and the view from the terrace is gorgeous! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

the food was good (better than in other place ), the place is very nice but I asked wite wine and they had only australian wine . i ordered it but they did not tell me the price ... it was 208,00 real !! like € 40,00 = a dinner for 4 people !