“Totally brilliant - healthy, tasty food and great service”

Bio - Comida Saudavel
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Wow! I never expected to find such a lovely vegetarian restaurant on a tiny island like Fernando do Noronha, but boy was I glad I did!

The menu was far more interesting than the average vegetarian restaurant. The vegetarian take on the Bahian special of Moqueca was exquisite, and the beetroot carpaccio, homemade hummus (some of the best hummus I've ever had), and quinoa salad were all truly excellent.

The menu changes regularly, meaning there is variety and its based on what fresh ingredients they have sourced. It felt really authentic, really original, and quite honestly, an oasis in an otherwise bland dining landscape in Noronha. They served fresh fish as well and although i didn't try it, it looked delicious and meant that it would be a good place to take carnivores.

My favourite thing of ll was the service, which was so warm and friendly. The chef seemed really cool, and the waitress, Daiza (not sure how to spell her name) was super friendly and helpful. You couldn't really ask for more, and it was such good value comared with what else was on offer on the island.

Overall I was so impressed that it has inspired me to write this - my first Trip Advisor review. It also inspired me to go there ever day - it was too good to miss a day!

Top marks all around!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We went to this restaurant repeatedly - the food is well priced and scrumptious. We went because most of our part is vegan, but they cater to meat and fish eaters as well. The setting is charming and Iraní could not be more friendly or interesting. Erik's food is top notch.

2  Thank colincatl
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Iriani baroni and Eric the chef created an amazing place to have an amazing culinary experience. Prices are really good, spectacular food and brilliant atmosphere :)
Visit this place and I'm sure you won't regret it. Ask Iriani regarding tips what to do and when. She can even can help you out to ring and organise things for you. Finally Iriani speaks perfect English and is superb helpful. Children friendly, animal friendly and elderly as well. If you're looking for a romantic date this is your pace to go :)

3  Thank Maciej B
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

By far the Best - and cheapest- place we ate at Fernando.
The food was excellent, different menu every day, and it was all tasty and delicious with focus on good ingredients. We loved it!!!
An extra Treat was the brownies in different flavours (Yes, we tried them all :) - to die for!
And the People there are just lovely, creating a homely atmosphere. You should definately try it out.

2  Thank Tine Godsk H
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Great alternative to all the restaurants on the main strip with nice food and drinks. The owner is a lovely person. I can only recommend this place!

Uma excelente alternativa, com comida saudavel e deliciosa. Atendimento excelente, só podemos recomendar.

2  Thank C1_K4