US$216
Hotel Paraiso do Morro(Arraial d'Ajuda)
US$106
Pousada Maria Pitanga(Arraial d'Ajuda)
US$68
US$66
Arraial d'Ajuda Hostel(Arraial d'Ajuda)(Great Value!)
US$47
Privillage Praia(Arraial d'Ajuda)
US$174
Pousada Catamara(Arraial d'Ajuda)
Pousada Coqueiros(Arraial d'Ajuda)
US$90
US$80
Pousada Pe-na-Estrada(Arraial d'Ajuda)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$55
Aos Sinos dos Anjos - Art Hotel(Arraial d'Ajuda)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$56
Residence Pe na Areia(Arraial d'Ajuda)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Canto d’Alvorada is paradise. My husband and I were lucky enough to have our dream wedding there. Angela (the manager) and Marina (the owner, Angela’s mom) made sure it was perfect. We organized the wedding from Canada and couldn’t be happier with the result. In fact, we could have never imagined it would be so magical. We cannot thank Angela and her team enough for making our dreams come true.
The setting- stunning. Gorgeous beach, the grounds have lots of trees and plants and is very well kept. We had a lot of fun playing soccer and volleyball on the beach and playing around in the sea. There is also standup paddle boarding available for guests.
The service- wonderful. I arrived with a large group of guests and Angela and her team met us outside upon arrival to make sure we all got to our rooms smoothly. She was extremely organized and went the extra mile to make sure everyone was happy. She even took extra care with my parents, which meant a lot to me.
The rooms- lovely. We stayed in a private bungalow which was very spacious and private. The staff went above and beyond and made sure we had beautiful linens and everything we needed. They also left champagne for us and made us feel very special.
The bar/restaurant/breakfast- delicious! The breakfasts were yummy and the staff always a pleasure. The beach bar is the best in the area with people coming from other hotels to enjoy it.
The surrounding area- the village of Arraial d’Ajuda is very charming. Our wedding guests came from across Europe, North America, and of course Brazil, and everyone raved about the location. Our guests from outside of Brazil fell in love with the country.
We can’t wait to go back to Canto d’Alvorada and give it 5 stars.

Room Tip: The private bungalows are very cute, spacious and romantic.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Visited Canto D'Alvorada for a flash three-night stay in a July vacation, 2 adults, 2 kids. And I have to say: I was positively surprised.

Beach stays during July usually means: Bad food, crowded places, bad service.

I had none of these. And here is my review.

* ROOM
Stayed in a triple room and the room, well, is what we expect of a beach hotel room: no closets, only shelves to store your clothes and stuffs. Well, this is understandable; since beach hotels suffers with high humidity and mold. But... You know. No fancy furniture or decorations.
No perceived smell of mold in the room (yay!). Perfectly clean and great mattresses. Split AC system, ensuring silent operation. There is a mosquito screen in the front window. The windows have good black-outs, ensuring a good sleep. Safe box available.
Bathroom: Central hot water (no electric shower). Scored a point on that. Great pressure and abundant shower. Ensures a relaxing bath. Towels are regular, somewhat worn towels. Does the job.
As a courtesy, the hotel provide a multi-clothespin hanger, so you can put your beach wear to dry.
The hotel provides shampoo, soap, conditioner, shower gel. Feels cheap. Bring your own if you are picky.
Thus, rating the room as a 3-star (good/average).

* LOCATION
As of July 2016, the taxi fare is 150 reais from the Porto Seguro (BPS) airport to the hotel. Ferry fee included. Make sure that you negotiate it beforehand with the taxi driver, otherwise some dishonest driver might want to pull some extra cash from you. You might want to ask the hotel to arrange a taxi driver for you and wait at the airport arrival area, and even get a discounted price (I paid 120).
The hotel is __SUPER__ well located: The beach is steps away from the hotel. In the high tide, the waves crashes almost in the hotel bar; in the low tide you will experience a waveless natural pool: There's a reef barrier which keeps the waves away during the low tide. EXCELLENT for small children or the elderly or if you are just afraid of waves (though not really strong in the region; the reefs dampers it even in the high tide).
If you want to visit the locally-famous Mucugê, Eco Parque or Porto Seguro, just take a van or city bus in the street. It is safe, cheap, frequent and friendly.
I stayed during a relatively busy period and I was just baffled that, in the early (well, not so early; like 8 am) morning and sunset the beach was almost desert. Quiet. Enjoyable. Clean. Perfect. Awwww yea. 5-star in Location. Excellent.

* FACILITIES
The hotel have a game room with a pool table and some other games. Didn't try.
There's a swimming pool for adults and another for children. Didn't try either. The sea was just too great. Though some guests enjoyed the pool during the night, since there's no lighting at the beaches at night.
The hotel features a well-maintained lawn / garden and there's a charming bungalow/tent to relax and just spend time. Four-star (very good) facilities.

* FOOD
As I stated at the beginning of this article, beach hotels in high season normally equals bad bad service and food. Not here.
Breakfast: Included in my rate. Nice assortment, fresh fruits and squeezed juices. Better than some fancy chain hotels that I have stayed. 4-star.
Beach bar: Excellent service time: You order your dish and won't wait for like 30 minutes to be served. No. Your order comes timely. Beer perfectly cold. Very good appetizers. 5-star.
Hotel restaurant: That was a challenge. I ordered a Steak Poivre 6 PM (see picture), right after kitchen opened for dinner and I got my steak: Timely, well done, tasty. That crowned the hotel service. 5-star.

* AMENITIES, COMPLIMENTARY
Wi-Fi: The short version: Sucks.
The long version:
Oh Jesus H Lord. The Wi-Fi.
Great signal strength, good equipments (Ubiquiti radios), but _awful_ backhaul. They definitely need some experienced provider to deploy a nice software routing and traffic management. Deploy some computer to do the job of the final routing instead of some cheap carrier modem. Google for sqm-scripts, that is the holy grail.
Other: The hotel provides complimentary kaiak rides. It is great to take a closer look to the reefs (WARNING: don't do that without wearing protective footwear if you are not experienced with kaiaks: if your boat tilts at the reef area, you might hurt your feet with reefs or sea urchins). Take your ride during the low tide: Ensures greater visibility and less wave risk.
There are stand-up paddle crash-classes upon a payment to the instructor. There are bikes available for rental.
One of my early mornings, I saw a group exercising in a tent with a instructor. Can't precise if it is paid or complimentary.

* WRAP-UP
I highly recommend this hotel: It is convenient, has good features, well located, friendly and reasonably priced. Will return. 4 stars in my opinion: Very good. But; FIX THE WI-FI!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Rodrigo F
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Very good hotel, just perfect for a trip to this area. It has its own private beach and its close to Arraial town center. No problem at all to travel there by public bus or van (very secure!) and really helpful car. You can rent a car and easily get to towns nearby (Porto Seguro, Trancoso) and the staff will help you a lot... Very nice people, excellent accommodation and very good food! The only thing that was a minor problem was the gellyfish in the beach, but even that wasn't such a big issue... Really looking forward to go back there!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jv_lisboa
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I was there last year and loved not only the hotel but also the place.
Everyone on the staff was so welcoming that it was hard to leave.
It's a great getaway, specially on low season.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Angela K, Gerente de relações com clientes at Canto d'Alvorada Hotel Pousada, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2015

Dear Claudio, thank you so much for your comment. We are always pleased to receive our guest's observations as they are very important not only to incentive our team but also to improve our services. We certainly hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2008

I have just returned from Brazil and was accommodated at Canto da Alvorada. it turned out to be a very nice pousada surrounded by lush vegetation and a few meters away from the beach. The beaches at Arraial d'ajuda are fantastic and the hotel is located at Praia do Aracaípe. From the hotel you can walk along the beach and enjoy the peace and quite of the place.
The staff at hotel are really friendly and helpful and we sure felt at home. They even call you by your name and are always ready to help and provide anything you may need. Even the staff who do not know you says hello with a big smile.
Pousada Canto da Alvorada is confortable and I really really recommend it. Loved it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank flower09

Dear Flower, thank you so much for your comment. We are always pleased to receive our guest's observations as they are very important not only to incentive our team but also to improve our services. We certainly hope to welcome you again soon.