8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$270
FindHotelUS$270
Agoda.comUS$270
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews runway view paris cafe rooftop pool eero saarinen rotary phone cocktail lounge air train airport hotel jet blue jean georges howard hughes life magazine mad men an early flight blackout shades floor to ceiling windows reading room
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2021 via mobile

What a cool hotel right at JFK! I highly recommend staying here when flying out of or into JFK just for the experience. Reasonable prices and really unique! The reason I give 4 stars is I think it’s weird for them to charge a fee for guests to use the hotel pool- and only in one hour and 45 minutes increments. So your bill can rack up just using the pool. However, the pool is awesome. Get to overlook all the planes taking off. Rooms are nice and comfortable and good food options. There’s a cool cocktail bar to check out that we didn’t get a chance to do but heard good things. Another con is there are no room service options. But the best thing about this hotel is we were flying JetBlue and you are steps away from terminal 5. We wouldn’t have been able to make our flight without staying here. Friendly staff that is very accommodating.

Room tip: Be prepared to spend $ at the pool and no room service options
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank l0ndyns
Reviewed 17 June 2021

My first stay was during the height of the pandemic and most features of the hotel were closed. So I returned for a 2nd time. After paying over $300 (with tax) for 1 night, I was totally floored to find I could not access the observation deck without paying an additional $25 fee (and WITH a time limitation). Not even to just walk out there or go to the rooftop bar. The observation deck and rooftop pool are two of the main attractions of this property and I wasn't the only guest that day who was angry and refused to pay the additional "fee" for an amenity we should've had access to. Also, the cleanliness standards overall were just not there. One example: these are photos of the famous jetway tube's red carpet - filthy. I've un-recommended this hotel to friends. It's still worth stopping in to see the beautiful old terminal, but stay somewhere else. Hopefully management will change at that hotel.

Reviewed 14 June 2021

I had such high hopes to stay at this hotel and loved the idea of feeling like you have gone back in time. However, on arrival, directions unclear and signage is non existent. Once you do finally find your way to the elevator to the hotel, again there is no signage telling you where the check in counter is until you reach the bottom of the hallway. The front desk staff is lazy and do not even call you up to the counter when you are waiting in line. Worse, the front desk staff I saw literally was slumped over the counter with her chin in her hand.
Not one employee of this hotel is helpful, in fact when I asked a question to the front desk, they were condescending. True sign as horrific management! The carpets in this "iconic hotel" hotel are filthy and it's only 2 years old!!!! Prices in bars and restaurants are horrific, even at New York prices. Rooms are small and electronic curtains were ripped and torn in our room. There is no place at this location to purchase bottled water, advil etc. As convenient as it is to the airport for an early morning flight, I would rather take a horse and carriage to a close by Marriott then stay here again!

2  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed 13 June 2021

The TWA hotel is decent. It’s an odd mix. The building in stunning - what it should be - a perfect restoration of the TWA terminal. The rooms are lovely. It’s a five minute walk from Terminal 5 AirTrain station that goes between terminals. Guests range from flight crews and travelers to many (many) on weekend getaways, staycations and weddings. They can be loud. The room next to ours was a nonstop drinking party and horribly loud. Soundproofing is great but we could hear our neighbors party hard, likely amplified by the connecting doors. Several other rooms on the hall were having similar party-like events and going between rooms. For a four star hotel, service is minimal, amplified by the post-COVID environment. Rooms have an odd collection of perfect stemware (glasses) but no minibar. No coffee machine - Nespresso or something would be nice. No slippers (they will sell them to you for $15) - we asked housekeeping and were directed to the TWA shop. Large bottles of shampoo and body wash in the shower but no bar soap at the sink. No lotion. They were able to produce bar soap after several calls to the desk - the first few were unanswered. Check in lines were very long at the desk even to get to the self-check in machines that they also offer (sort-of). Staff was not particularly helpful. The Paris Cafe is by Jean-Georges but don’t assume the name guarantees a large menu or great food. It’s open for dinner but not breakfast. No room service. Breakfast options are limited - basically a simple food court with bagel sandwiches and a coffee bar. In short, nice to see the building but the party atmosphere and poor service do let it down, especially at the price point and what they appear to be aiming for. Rooms themselves are spotless with nice bathrooms (a big plus) but the hallways were always dirty and needed a serious scrub down. The toilet in our room had a seat (the lid) that was broken - simply not attached - housekeeping should have removed the lid or fixed it - that said, they just rested it on the toilet seat. Not professional. That said, it’s the only hotel in JFK airport proper so we will be back as it is better than anything else the airport has ever had. Sadly, the room aircon failed around 11pm or just can’t keep up. No matter what is was set at (finally down to 66F), the room stayed at 73F and stuffy. Never corrected itself and alas it was around midnight we noticed it so a bit late to call down. In short, great to see this building and amazing restoration and concept. Just wish standards would bump up a bit.

Room tip: Suites are not really suites (at all) but offer much more space than the regular rooms - think of them as larger rooms.
1  Thank Robert E
Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

The positives:
Great location, very close to the airport on Terminal 5. We had a great view and the bed was excellent. The hotel was clean.

The negative:
We tried to call the front desk from Terminal 4 to find out how to get there (there is an airport shuttle train to Terminal 5). It’s the middle of the day and I let the phone ring for 20 minutes. The staff never answered. If I’m going to pay $300 a night for a hotel room, I expect the telephone to be answered when I call.

The hotel is not easy to find. There are markings, follow the red signs, but they’re difficult to see and it’s quite a journey With multiple elevators, and turns.

Once we arrived at the hotel, the staff acted like they were doing us a favor. Definitely not trained in customer service

All the amenities are very overpriced. We tied to go grab a beer at the pool bar. It was empty. They wouldn’t let us come in unless we paid the $50 cover per person. Per person! And they said you normally need reservations For the pool bar. I’m guessing we’re just uninformed and it is some kind of famous spot, but the place was empty.

This place thinks it’s some type of a resort. Like Disney world without the staff training. Hint: It’s not... The cost of the actual services they provide in the hotel, like drinks and the food, it’s very overpriced.

Although I love the location, we would not stay here again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple