“EAT HERE FIRST”

Sirenita
Ranked #58 of 116 Restaurants in Holbox Island
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

This place is a GEM! Delicious, friendly and fast, Sirenitas cannot be beat. This lovely little restaurant is only open for dinner. For $7.50 my husband and I tried the tacos, panuchas, empanadas, chicken soup and their homemade juices. All were terrific. If you are looking for simply delicious food at a very reasonable price- this is your place.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Tried this place last night on the strength of a TripAdvisor review, and wish I'd gone much sooner - today is my last day on Holbox and I will be returning for dinner tonight.

This is traditional Yucatecan food, served as simply and deliciously as possible. Don't be put off by the appearance of the restaurant- yes, it basically looks like a garage; no, there is no ambiance. They straight up make the best food I've had on the island (which is saying quite a bit, I've had some excellent meals here). The proprietor is very friendly and will help you with any questions you have - I suggest taking his recommendations, he won't steer you wrong.

Try the sopes and panuchos. Tonight I'm gonna have a salbute, which I didn't get to try last night bc once I had a sope, all I wanted was more sopes. :)

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stopped for a quick breakfast at 7:30 am. Not many places open before 8. We had eggs with chorizo and ham. very inexpensive and very good. If you want good food and want to save money, this is the place. The only negative is that they didn't have brewed coffee. We had fresh squeezed orange juice and it was so good.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Authentic Mexican food - empanadas, salbutes, caldos, sopes, etc, they have it all. This place was so good (and cheap) that we came back twice. The staff are super friendly and help guide you through if, like us, you have no idea what anything is, and within minutes the food is on your plate; within seconds it is eaten.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

I would strongly recommend the Sirenita. Their menu is simple and totally Mexican but everything is genuinely homemade in the open kitchen/dining area and the service is great. They will accommodate tweaks to their menu to suit but most of all the food is just great. Try the 'Caldo especiale' and the Panuchos but everything we had, and we tried almost everything, was top nosh!

2  Thank Geoff D