“Mexican Pizza?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I would never have thought you can find an excellent pizza restaurant on a little island. some of us had spaghetti which was outstanding and some had pizza that was excellent. Try this little place because you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We already read the reviews of the owners being extremely rude or even violent, but we thought that those were just random experiences.

After finding two cockroaches in the bathroom and telling the owner about it so he could go and kill them, the wife just went bananas and started screaming at us to leave the restaurant while the husband started pushing us over. Crazy.

It seems the good reviews come from the previous owners which left some time ago. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

We totally loved the Pizza Margarita in a nice environment. One day we went there even for both lunch and dinner.
Very clean; nice and fast service

Reviewed 3 January 2017

I will start by saying that we had the pizza and it was good. At a level you would expect from an italian style restaurant in Mexico...it's not Italy, so don't expect the most amazing pizza you have ever had.

My low rating comes from the service and the explanation for the service we received at the restaurant. My wife and I asked if we could have a pizza with different toppings on each half. The server said "No, we never do that here". Fine, if that is the restaurant policy, we are good with that and each ordered our own pizza. Not two minutes later, the table next to us received their pizza, which was nicely split down the middle with different toppings on each half. When we asked the server, he said, "Oh, the server should not have done that...he must be knew." Now, obviously a lie since if it was the restaurant policy, the kitchen would not have made the pizza. I also asked for a glass of wine and the server said they were all the same price. Also not true. I then saw the server talking to the owner, who stood like a statue in the doorway and never came over to explain the discrepancy in serving policy.

In summary, I wanted to like this place, but there are a number of great restaurants on Holbox Island, and people should know the truth about how this place treats customers. Go check out one of the other 3 or 4 pizza places within a two minute walk. Skip this place on deceptive service alone.

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I had this restaurant high on my list of places to try when in Holbox. I'm a huge lobster lover so I was drooling at the photos on this site of the full lobster tails on the pizza. That's not exactly the way it comes. The lobster is in chunks. Nevertheless, the pizza was very good. The lobster pizza special comes with two glasses of wine. My son also loved his cheese pizza and my other son loved his porterhouse steak.

They did accept US dollars here at a rate of 17. That seems to be the going rate on the island. Easier to bring pesos though.