“Just an OK restaurant”

Pollo Mago
Ranked #77 of 118 Restaurants in Holbox Island
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Holbox island isn't known for its cuisine...and the Pollo Mago is just typical...OK, but not oustanding. It's located right on the Zocalo and sitting on the outdoor patio lets you watch all the activity. I had the shrimp tacos. They were OK, but I've had much better elsewhere. They serve wine by the glass, which is a nice touch. Personally, I think there are better places to eat in Holbox.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

when we saw the signage "authentic mexican cuisine" we stepped in and we weren't disappointed.
I had the best guacamole ever, freshly made in front of us, and succulent fish tacos. Happy Tummy!

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for fish tacos at lunchtime. They were very good. This is a friendly, family-run restaurant.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here today and checked tripadvisor after. We were a bit surprised about the bad revues we found here. The young women was very nice and the food great (bananas frita, jugo de mango, tacos de camaron and a excellent fried fish). We will definitely come back within the next days! I never ate bad in a small and typical mexican restaurant, they are a thousand times better and more authentic.

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

We stopped by this apparently quaint little restaurant and really regretted our decision. The food was not horrible but the service certainly was. The young woman who was serving us was more interested in what was happening on her phone and to add insult to injury, when I asked to use the bathroom I was til "IT'S CLOSED" There are many more great and inexpensive restaurants to choose from. We would definitely reccomend the "la diosa" right on the beach. The shrimp ceviche us fabulous and the servers are very friendlt