All reviews main building separate buildings minute walk along the beach rent a bike not accept credit cards isla holbox warm hospitality eco friendly hotel homemade bread peaceful hotel in town stayed days mosquito net wonderful island golf cart rental bring cash continental breakfast
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival to the hotel (we were somewhat bewildered at the island honestly) we received such excellent service! Perfect activity and restaurant recommendations, cute room, and great breakfast. No AC if you are expecting it, though.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Marketing T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa BlatHa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Hola Michelle! Thank you for sharing your experience, the service is definitely the one you deserve! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and this wonderful island! When you visit us again, we recommend that you check the different categories of the hotel, because if you need A/C, we have rooms with that service to make you more comfortable :)
We will be delighted to welcome you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

My husband, sister in law, niece and I visited Holbox Island on our fourth and second trips from July 10 - 15, 2018. We decided to stay at Casa Blatha to save some money and try a place on the outside of town.

I like to break my reviews of hotels down in sections to make reading them easier:

Location - Casa Blatha is on the Punta Cocos end of town. It is a 15 minute walk along the beach, longer inland. back into the town square. You realistically need to take a taxi into town if you do not want to walk. If your party is larger than 3 people you have to take 2 taxis. The location of the main hotel is quiet and whimsical. The lobby looks as portrayed in photos. Not all the rooms look as portrayed in the photos.

Rooms - The rooms are spacious. They have a great mini split AC unit. The bathrooms were a little run down. The shower water situation was bad. Some days there was no hot water. Sometimes the hot water was too hot, other days there was no water at all. I did not wash my hair for 5 days. Thank goodness for sea salt spray and dry shampoo! There is one trash can in the room and bathroom combined. There is a bottle of shampoo and a mystery liquid by the sink. I thought it was lotion, my hubby thought it was soap. The view was manageable. We could see the ocean, but the rooftop view of the bar next door was not appealing. There are two buildings. The listing does not share this. The main building has the lobby, restaurant and rooms and then about 100 yards away is a 6 room building that has the ocean views. It is a hassle to drag your luggage through the sand and up the stairs. There is no one to offer help. It is right next to the Carolinda Beach Club which has a bar and restaurant. There is a fly issue on the bottom floor where my sister in law and niece stayed. They were supposed to get ocean view rooms just like us, but they were placed on the bottom floor instead and I really wouldn't say they had a view. You are not given any drinking water for drinking and tooth washing. They have a gallon of water in the lobby with paper cones. You are welcome to that or bring your own bottle to refill. I have not stayed anywhere in Mexico that did not offer water bottles in the rooms. If you would like a beach towel you have to leave a $250 peso deposit per towel. You have to pay a $250 peso deposit for your key. There is no safe available. Outside each room there is a hammock, two chairs and a table. Unfortunately the hammock rests on the table, so there really is no space to enjoy it. The Carolinda Beach Club closes at 7 pm. There is no food available at the main hotel restaurant after breakfast hours. There are few food/drink options close by.

Beach - The beach is quite unobstructed, pretty and very close. There are no beach chairs. If you want to lay in a chair you have to rent one for the day/s from the Carolinda Beach Club.

Food/drink - The breakfast consists of 4 choices and you get one per day. They are all vegetarian. They have a main menu you can also choose from and pay for. The Carolinda Beach Club closes at 7 pm. There is no food available at the main hotel restaurant after breakfast hours. There are few food/drink options close by.

Staff - They were nice but a little snooty.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank wkotch
Marketing T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa BlatHa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Hola Wendy! We regret that your stay has not fulfilled 100% your expectations. Cordial greetings

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Great owners, ethical. Eco friendly, nice amenities! Breakfast is everything you need, or they arranged for you. Good price. Bikes are available, you must ride through town! And the island! (Just a Suggestion;)Beautiful views, the hotel has its own too. Their stuff speak Spanish and English. Cool people. It is Clean, good managed and close to nature. No bugs in the new building, they created a system to keep the out . There is two developments happening for the hotel, both are very good for staying . l thank everyone one that made our stay very pleasant. I loved Holbox and this hotel... Oh I forgot one more thing, They have hot water :))

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stefaruiz
Marketing T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa BlatHa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Hola StefaRuiz! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are very happy to know that our efforts are reflected in happy guests! We hope to see you soon on the island :)

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I loved casa blat ha. The staff is the nicest and most helpful! The room is lovely decorated, and very peaceful. The hotel is conveniently located right by the best beach spot I’ve seen when exploring the island (the beach near Blat ha was much nicer than the beach in the city centre). It’s 15 min walk to the city centre, which I’ve walked 2 or 4 times each day - at Holbox scale it might seem like a lot but really 15 min is nothing, and I’d rather be located near a great beach spot in a great hotel and go into town for food and drinks than the opposite.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Casablatha, Director General at Casa BlatHa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience, we are glad to know that you enjoyed walking through these beautiful beaches and that the hotel has fulfilled your expectations! Cordial greetings,

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Very clear place with kind staff near to the beach, I really love this place. We spent 3nights there and it was a great time. The breakfast are a bit poor but you can buy some other meals, so it was't problem.Would like to come again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Rdakao374!
We really appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience, we are glad to know that the hotel and the service has fulfilled your expectations! We hope to see you soon