“Great place to eat”

Island Stone Pub - Kensington Station
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Kensington
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Globally Inspired & Locally Sourced Island Cuisine & Hospitality. Our Mission is to Provide a Thoughtful Menu Reflective of Our Food Island. Changing Local Beers on Draught, and a Complementary Wine List in the Historic Kensington Station.
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Great restaurant. Last minute change in our plans found us in Kensington around dinner time. We took a chance without a reservation and they were able to accommodate us, despite the restaurant being backed.
The staff was extremely friendly and considerate. The food came to the table very quickly and was reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This place in unassuming. We ate outside sometime between lunch and dinner. Lunch was a range between fish and chips, burgers and soup. Service was excellent and the food was perfect.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Great atmosphere in the old building. We sat outside and it's also a good place to eat - lots of shade under the covered porch areas.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

My first time visit to this hidden gem of a restaurant in Kensington Station was fantastic. From the minute we arrived for lunch until we headed back to the beach, the experience was one to remember mostly due to the incredible staff, attention to service, and good food. We had a little bit of a wait but were ushered to the outdoor bar to wait until our table was ready, but it was so pleasant chatting with locals and staff, time flew by. It was raining and the bar area outside is covered, so this was pretty cool. The server outside was smiling the entire time, even though she was wet from the rain - and that made us smile! We met a wonderful summer resident we will never forget...Once inside, our server was especially attentive and our order was served just the way we asked it to be prepared! The fires are to die for (overgenerous serving) and my burger was really tasting with the extra cheese I asked for. If I were a local I would patronized this gem on a daily basis - a very unexpected surprise after lunch was that our new "friend" picked up our meal when we asked for the check - we will never forget his kindness or the smiles her will permanently put on our faces as we remember this special place. Thank you Island Stone Pub - we will try to pay it forward.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I can not wait to get here in the summer. I think about it all winter if only the fish tacos were as great in my home town. When i first got to my summer home it was the first place i visited. I went again today for lunch with island friends who also love it. I had the lobster blt this time, wonderful. I can't say enough about this place. The food the staff the service everything is great. Never disappointed. But do make reservations its a happening place.