“If you're visiting P.E.I for an Anne experience...”
other traveller has booked this property
Lucy Maud Montgomery's Grandfathers house and inspiration for Ingleside series of books.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

apriland
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“If you're visiting P.E.I for an Anne experience, this is unforgettable”
Reviewed 15 October 2018 for a stay in August 2018

I felt so fortunate to be able to spend a night in the L.M Montgomery room at Ingleside during my summer visit to P.E.I. The history of the place is wonderful, and the owners and staff took such pride and care in familiarizing guests with the details that make this such a special Inn. Just down the road from another Montgomery family home (now a museum) and the honest-to-goodness Lake of Shining Waters, The Montgomery Inn at Ingleside really made me feel I was getting to experience a bit of the writer's world firsthand. My room was clean and comfortable (and the air conditioning was wonderful!), and breakfast was lovely and served family-style. This is a special place indeed.

Date of stay: August 2018
Triangula...
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Classic historic house, beautifully maintained.”
Reviewed 20 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

The Montgomery Inn is the home of family of the same name. Early PEI Senator Montgomery (of the Lucy Maud family) built in the mid-19th century, this Inn has had a beautiful renovation to modern standard. They have been careful to keep the decor consistent with the history and era of the building - with the addition of modern bathrooms, television and internet service.

I recommend the King Suite rooms. Lovely, spotlessly clean.

Hosts are gracious, generous and polite. Nice light breakfast available as part of your room fee.

Date of stay: August 2018
RosemaryO...
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Comfortable, Clean, Serene and Historic”
Reviewed 26 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

More than just enjoying the history, the fandom and the gorgeous setting, my stay here provided a relaxing atmosphere where all that I needed was provided and organized at my fingertips. The room and bathroom was clean and fresh and thoughtfully arranged. The owner and innkeeper made me feel welcome and they were helpful in both small and large ways. I loved my several nights stay at Montgomery Inn at Ingleside and hope to return again someday.

Date of stay: June 2018
LWL092014
Vancouver, Canada
“Peaceful Stay”
Reviewed 1 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Our host Paul was absolutely perfect! He told us about the history of Montgomery Inn, showed us various artifacts, and was very flexible to our schedule. We stayed in the Senator Suite which was the largest room on the main floor. The recent renovations are beautiful and we enjoyed soaking in the tub after a full day of sightseeing. Paul also showed us a trail behind the house that would lead to an area where we could view the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Wow! What a view! This location is adjacent to the Anne of Green Gables Museum and across from "the lake of shining waters". I wish we had stayed more than 2 nights as there were so many little areas to sit and relax inside and outside the Inn.

Date of stay: October 2017
Your age range 35-49
Lara987
Brantford, Canada
“Wonderful B&B with historic roots”
Reviewed 23 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We stayed just one night in the Lucy Maud Suite - it was very clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful view. Loved hearing about the history of the place - a must-stay for any Lucy Maud Montgomery fan! A lot of work has been done by Paul on the home, making it a wonderful option for travelers to this area. There was a nice area outside on the deck to sit and relax, as well as nice indoor areas. A simple continental breakfast was served. Would be nice to come here again as a family and rent out the whole place!

Date of stay: September 2017
Management Response
24 Sep 2017
Thank you Lara for staying with us and for your kind words, we would love to have you and your family come stay with us! Safe travels.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.